Queens Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Wulfruna Hotel(Paignton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfive coursessister hotelcoach holidayedwards coachesgb toursturkey and tinselentertainment every nightlovely hotelcourse evening mealthe hotel managerindoor swimming poolwould recommend this hotel to anyonecheese and biscuitson arrivallovely breakevery member of staffeaster break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2014

just got back from another great easter break our 11th--12th visit love every thing about this hotel very clean good choice of food and the staff are fantastic all good friends lee the manager is a pleasure to know ,thanks again lee and staff as arnold would say i'll be back see you all soon jean and alan

2  Thank loobyl0u
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Good morning, thank you for leaving your glowing endorsement of our hotel. I am delighted that you love all aspects of the hotel and once again had an enjoyable Easter break.
It is lovely to hear that you consider the staff to be friends, the rapport that all the staff have with our repeat guests is fantastic and it really does feel like welcoming family back to stay.
Your comments are most kind, and it will be my pleasure to welcome you both back to The Queens again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We have just returned from another great Easter break at the Queens Hotel. All the hotel staff are fantastic and helpful with nothing to much trouble. I would especially like to thank Lee the manager for all his help with my husbands mobility scooter and for taking our bags to our room. Our room which was on the ground floor was very clean and had plenty of space. The food was good and had plenty of variety. Our waitress always had a smile and was very friendly. The evening entertainment was as usual first class. Will definitely be going to this hotel again

3  Thank Mragaret S

Good morning, thank you for taking the trouble to post your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your second Easter break with us, it was lovely to welcome you back again.
I am delighted that you found the room to be very clean and spacious, our housekeeping team work very hard to ensure standards are maintained and I am pleased that it showed during your stay.
It is particularly pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant menu and you found the service to be friendly and professional once again.
I am thrilled that you plan to return to The Queens and when you do, I will be on hand to help with the scooter and bags once again. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My last visit here was almost 4 years ago,and i am pleased to say that it is as nice now as it was then. I wont go into detail again,but suffice to say that the hotel is clean,the staff friendly and helpful, and the food very nice. The only disappointment was the room. having booked 4 months ago we were hoping for better. We were allocated room 319 which is at the rear and is rather small. The shower room doesn't have a single shelf which makes things rather awkward,and the mirror in the bedroom is difficult to use as it is on an angled wall right in front of the tv. the room also smelt of smoke which was only marginally helped by spraying. Despite the no smoking policy someone had clearly been doing so as there were cigarette ends in the guttering outside. despite the above,if someone were to ask if i would recommend this hotel - yes i would.

3  Thank roy_d30
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you feel that we are maintaining standards and once again found everyone to be friendly and helpful and the food very nice.
I have taken your comments on board about the bathroom in 319 and we have installed a new shelf for our guests convienience immediatley after reading your review today. We are also looking at relocating the mirror in the bedroom. The reason it is on that wall is so that people can sit at the desk and use the mirror consecutively.
With regard to the smell of smoke, we do operate a strict non smoking policy, however the room attendant did not must have not noticed on this occassion, otherwise sufficient action would have been taken.
If you would like to call me personally at the hotel, i would be more than happy to discuss different rooms with you and see if we can find another room that i am sure you will love, and can then request for a future stay. Lots of guests do request a variety of different rooms and 319 is often one of those requested, however we are all different and have different likes and dislikes when selecting a favourite room.
I am delighted that you would still reccomend our hotel and i do hope to welcome you back to The Queens Hotel again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Queens Hotel. We stayed there as part of an Edwards Coach Travel holiday to celebrate our 33rd Wedding Anniversary. The whole long weekend (Friday to Monday) was a complete pleasure from start to finish.

The hotel is beautiful, and the staff are fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. We would particularly like to thank our waitress Rose (Rosie), she was lovely, very pleasant and always smiling.....it was a pleasure to go to the dining room to see her. The food was very good, with plenty of variety, with something for all tastes...even vegetarians and the like.
The barman (Dave) was also great.....my husband and the bus driver had a joke with him, and even taught him how to pull a pint of Guinness correctly!! (Joke!!).

The rooms are of good size, clean, and with all the facilities one requires when on holiday.
There's also a brilliant indoor swimming pool, it's a good size, and there's not too much chlorine in the water.

We had fantastic entertainment every night, with bingo for those who enjoy a quick "eyes down".....even the resident MC changes nightly and all of them are very chatty and funny.

We would recommend this hotel with confidence, and will definitely use it again....either with Edwards Coaches or as a private booking.

Room Tip: We had 106....ground floor, plenty of storage and roomy.
5  Thank Phillyn17
Lee C, General Manager at Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Good afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review.
I am absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable experience for your 33rd Wedding Anniversary.
Its wonderful to hear that you found the hotel to be lovely and clean with all the facilities that you would require to have an amazing holiday.
I have shown your review to our Rosie and Dave who were both over the moon that you enjoyed their service. I am very lucky to have them both as part of my team (even if Dave does still need to learn how to pour Guinness properly!).
Your recommendation is very much appreciated, and I look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit with Edwards, or privately.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just returned from a fabulous five day break at Queens Hotel. Everything was perfect. The food was fantastic, lovely spotless room, comfy bed and pillows, great location. All the staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. It was so nice that all the staff seemed so happy with their work and had a great rapport with each other, and they made the break a lot of fun. The entertainment was so good and our group had a brilliant time. On the way home I tried to think of something, even a very small thing, that could have been better but it was all just perfect. Many thanks to all at Queens Hotel for a perfect holiday.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank oldbidie

Good afternoon. Thank you for your glowing endorsement of our hotel. I am glad that you found everything to be perfect during your stay. We are constantly chasing perfection and do our utmost to ensure every guest has a wonderful time with us.
Your comments about the cleanliness and the comfort of the room are lovely to hear, and i have passed your kind words on to our housekeepers.
It is delightful to hear that you found the team to be so wonderful and that nothing was too much trouble. I also note that you found them to be happy in their work and have a great rapport. Our team have a fantastic working relationship and all really enjoy ensuring our guests have a lovely stay. I think this helps create the unique and friendly atmosphere which our hotel is famed for.
I am glad that you were unable to fault a single thing and I really hope to welcome you back to The Queens Hotel in the not too distant future.