Bronte Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Queens Hotel(Paignton)
$104
PremierInn.com
$80
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshost paulhome from homerestaurants and barsenjoyed our staycouple of nightswould stay againoff road parkingshort walkfriendly ownerslocal attractionsfirst floorclean roomsloungetoasterpierhairdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We booked the Bronte for the 1st time in august 2009 for our honeymoon. Paul & Gail where really nice and friendly and when they found out we was on our honeymoon they brought us a bottle of champagne. Told us best places to eat locally that was cheap enough and friendly. We went back again this yr to celebrate our 2nd anniversary again they was very friendly and helpful in fact Paul complained that we had complained about anything. We hopefully will be going again nxt yr.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have been coming here twice a year for the last 4 years and are still enjoying the experience. Paul, Gail and family are always very welcoming. Paul always manages to sort out the necessary acommodation for all the family and nothing is too much trouble.The Bronte Hotel has a good range of breakfasts (even the poached eggs are good Paul!!) The rooms are always well presented and comfortable. The Lounge area is ideal for relaxing in the evening, with a couple of computers available for use by guests along with WIFI should you bring your own laptop. The hotel being a short distance from the seafront it is ideal for a nice evening stroll.

Looking forward to seeing you both in the new year around April and August as usual.
To those looking for a good hotel in the Paignton area, you can't go wrong with The Bronte.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Nice family room with doiuble bed and bunkbeds for our two children. The ownner was friendly and provided a good service. Breakfast was good - selection of cereals, fruit juice and a full cooked English breakfast with toast.. Location was very good - was just a ten minute walk to main attractions. Provided excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I have spent a week to 10 days at the Bronte Hotel each year since before Paul took over. I'm usually on my own or accasionally with an old friend. This time (September 2010) I was with my partner but my old friends stayed there at the same time.

This year was a little more difficult as I now have a major health problem but Paul and his family did everything to ensure that my stay was comfortable and that I had no problems at all.

I go to Paignton each September to play in their annual international chess congress at Oldway Mansion - this year was their 60th event - and I've been visiting Paignton for that purpose since 1980. I also visit a lot of interesting pubs and restaurants in the area - and have seen Ken Dodd at The Princess Theare, Torquay in each of the last 3 or 4 years. This year Paul even notified the Theatre that I was in the audience and Ken gave me a personal greeting !

Will we be there again in September 2011 ? You bet - assuming my health allows it. The Full English Breakfast is great - enjoyable and filling - this year I had to cut out a few items but Paul catered for my revised dietary needs with no problem. at all.

Look forward to seeing Paul, Gail and family again in September. I look on them as friends and not just as hotel owners !

Peter

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank OldwayPaignton
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Have stayed at the Bronte so many times it's like going home. Clean, cozy rooms with comfy beds, ensuite facilities, tv and tea/coffee making. Run by Paul (Mystic Mog - you'll have to ask for yourself why he's called that!),and Gail. Both make you feel really welcome, giving the hotel a lovely friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Great full English breakfast cooked by Paul who seems to know just when you've sat down at your table in the dining room (maybe that's why he's called Mystic Mog!!).
Sitting room with computer with internet access available at anytime of day, much to my teenage daughter's delight.
Ideally situated on a quiet road off Preston seafront, 5 mins to beach, great cafe/restaurant next to beach called The Boathouse so you don't even have to move far to be fed and watered!
Paignton Green, Pier, Harbour and Town with various pubs and restaurants are all within easy walking distance.
There is a car park at the end of the road which is quite busy during the day but very quiet at night, so no traffic noise to spoil the old beauty sleep! Only downside are the seagulls who wake you up far too early, according to my daughter!
Will definately be staying again at The Bronte.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family