“Rude manager! Serves hot food over head of disabled child”

Gallimore's Fine Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 409 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gallimores is one of Wigan Town Centre's premier restaurants for contemporary dining. Situated on the historic Wiend - adjacent to the new Wigan Life Centre and Piazza, the restaurant offers a fusion of international dishes in a relaxed atmosphere. Gallimores is a popular dining experience and has built a reputation on providing high quality - value for money lunch time and dinner menus. Now available on Sundays - a brand new traditional and A la Carte Menu (served from 12 noon).
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Returned here after several previous good visits. Went along with a severely disabled child who is in a wheelchair. Booked In advance so staff could prepare. Seated therefor downstairs but by a window with flashing neon lights, couldn't sit comfortably as able to small for 2 diners and a 3rd in a wheelchair. I therefore got the nearest table and joined that to ours to give more room. The rest of the downstairs dining room was empty until another couple arrived. The waitress sat them right by the side if ours. When the waitress then took the couples order she had to lean over and on the head canopy of my daughters wheelchair. I expressed concerns about this and again moves our tables across to allow a little but of extra room. The food for the diners came and was delivered to them over the top of my daughters head!!! Red hot food!!!! The couple could see my dismay and nodded in acknowledgement. I made my concerns known to the waitress. The manager then bounces over and rudely shuts what's the problem. Not wanting to make a fuss as we had moves away again, and was in mid meal he then loudly announces to the other couple 'what an you do? I've asked what the problem is but she doesn't want to say' we, the couple and a 3 rd set of diners (who's arrived during it all) were completely dumbfounded. Needless to say we quickly left the premises and paid for the meal. The food is great quality but the staff need training and the manager needs to learn te basics about people skills

5  Thank WiganLakesLover
There are newer reviews for Gallimore's Fine Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate here whilst visiting the inlaws who live in Wigan and they love this restaurant.
We were originally seated upstairs but asked to be moved as the table was next to the toilets and there were two large tables of football fans - not a problem but we were trying to have a "romantic meal for two!". The staff were very helpful and moved us downstairs near the window which was ok apart from the flashing neon lights in the window which we didn't expect from a "fine" restaurant.
I ordered steak which was cooked to perfection and my husband had a lamb dish which was also excellent! Two mains one pudding and a bottle of wine £50 so excellent value.
The standard of food here is amazing we were just let down by the dining room - I know it's really about the food but it really wouldn't take much to sort the room so it actually looks like a fine restaurant and matches the standard of food.
Give it a go if you are in Wigan

1  Thank KarenF3007
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Lovely food and good service, te only thing that spoiled it was that they tried to charge us do an extra bottle of wine on the bill, when we challenged the staff they did not seem surprised and just said we will amend the menu, never checked if we had another bottle of wine. Seemed very suspicious to me and as a result no tip was left, no need to try that type of trick

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went for a meal food was ok just ok but is not fine dining at all and the manager or owner is a joke of man me and my wife were really disappointed very stressful restaurant we will never be back again that's for sure we were sent the bill without having our deserts it was a 3 course meal for 12.95 bad

6  Thank Carmen E
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I visited here on Wednesay 16th January 2013. I must say the atmosphere was electric, more like a Saturday. We were treated to a wonderful fillet steak, cooked to perfection. The staff couldn't be more helpful, smiling and engaging as was the proprietor. The entertainment was exceptional and it made for a fantastic night, which incidentally was a retirement do. All i can say is what a great way to end a career.