Premier Inn Wigan West (M6,Jct 26) Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewshungry horse restaurantall you can eatwould stay againbusy roadcomfortable roommountpubjunctionrear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A planned suprise 30th Birthday party for my Son, brought me to this hotel, I ordered a disabled room for myself, and another room for my daughter (her partner and son riley). Which was placed next door to my room, The staff on entry during and on leaving were very friendly, and helpful.
The rooms were very tidy, reasonable sized, where you didn't feel cramped into the room, the facilities tv-drink - heater/fan where welcome addision's.
The Beds and bedding were very comfortable, and generally we were very pleased with the whole experiance.
I will proberly be using this hotel again, or another one of the same type if I need to book another hotel again, in the near future.

Room Tip: The actual hotel is behind the Public house, you will see the road way down the right handside, the parking area is large enough for the hotel, but it is on a lower level, so walking up a slope is required if you don't manage to get one of the two disabled bays next to the entrance door. I managed to get one of these space's so it was brilliant for me.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights 18/9/12 19/9/12 - I was a little apprehensive having read some negative comments on here but everything was great. The room was great very clean, spacious and had everything we needed,all the staff very efficient and friendly. Breakfasts at The Mount were excellent, evening meal on first night was poor, Sirloin steak medium rare as recommended was only just off the hoof and was the toughest scraggiest piece of meat imaginable there were 3 of us dining and they were all the same so I can only think they buy the roughest cheapest meat available. The second night I had Chicken balti this to my delight was the best curry I have Stayed 2 nights 18/9/12 19/9/12 - I was a little apprehensive having read some negative comments on here but everything was great. The room was great very clean, spacious and had everything we needed,all the staff very efficient and friendly. Breakfasts at The Mount were excellent, evening meal on first night was poor, Sirloin steak medium rare as recommended was only just off the hoof and was the toughest scraggiest piece of meat imaginable there were 3 of us dining and they were all the same so I can only think they buy the roughest cheapest meat available. The second night I had Chicken balti this to my delight was the best curry I have had ever had. The photo used is misleading as you cant see the Premier Inn which is behind The Mount.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed just one night, booking in was painless, really cheerful lady on reception when we booked in & booked out (same lady). The room was really nice, no faults there. I cant say anything at all bad about it so I wont !!

Room Tip: Try to get an odd numbered room as it is further away from the road - even though we werent near the road at all.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights 7/9/12-9/9/12. Was given room 29 on lower floor, room was lovely with plenty of room. The room was very clean & has everything in it you would need. All staff that i seen at the hotel were lovely & friendly. Breakfast was in The Mount next door to the hotel, food was very good with a good selection, infact ate here for the the 2 days of our stay,staff were very good and friendly & very attentive. Only criticisim i would have is the coffee and tea coming from dispensers, both mornings the coffee was cold and the hot water for the tea was to, other premiers i have stayed in have had coffee machines which were brill. When in Wigan i would book into here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Temperature in room too hot and not controllable. Small fan to circulate air useless but shows that Premier Inn know they have a problem. However they dont want to spend money or put some effort into dealing with the issue. Lets hope that we dont get any hot summers for a few years.
Food quality in restuarant attached was very poor but there was quantity. Think they have got it the wrong way round.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond S
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Wigan West (M6,Jct 26) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.