“something special” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #22 of 393 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small intimate restaurant serving local fresh produce.
Westhoughton, United Kingdom
“something special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Top quality food just as good as any of the restaurants in Manchester or Liverpool,but that's just my opinion. Nice little bistro with something very special, cant fault it in any way.Best food ive had in Wigan.

• Visited February 2013

“first class hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

first visit to the red door food and service excellent could not fault anything would go back again in the near future

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank warriorsWigan
Lowton, null, United Kingdom
“a hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant by accident - what a find! Such friendly service, a chef who actively seeks feedback - but neednt worry, the food is excellent. Hubby and I went alone the first visit, then were so impressed we went back with friends who appreciate good food, and they loved it too. We have since been as a family, with two very fussy eaters, and Jayne took time out to find out what they would eat and made food that wasnt on the menu especially for them. This really is a hidden gem!

• Visited December 2012
wigan
“First visit,definitely won't be the last.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went for my sisters birthday lunch with Mum and 2 sisters .We had read the good reviews on trip advisor and were looking forward to going,we were not disappointed .We will definitely be going again soon to sample the evening menu.

• Visited January 2013
wigan
“Impressed with personal approach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Chose Red Door Bistro based on the reviews to host my 40th Birthday meal on 25 Jan 13. From my initial contact with Jayne, until our chat on the night, I haven' been disappointed. I was impressed by the personal approach - talking about the needs of my guests (3 of whom don't eat meat, but will eat fish) and 3 children, happily making off the menu creations for my grils . I had the mussels to start, which were very fresh and succulent (and I am a conisseur of them) followed by an extremely tasty rib eye steak, which was cooked exactly as requested. My birthday guests really enjoyed their food. Of note was the warm goats cheese salad and the ribs, both which my husband says were lovely. The ribs were so tender the meat fell of the bone and almost melted in the mouth. Despite it being a small place, they catered well for the 14 in my party as well as other guests in the Bistro. Jayne suggested that we could bring our own cake and balloons or she could organise them at cost price. Impressed that they were happy for us to bring and eat my birthday cake on the premises. I think you can also tell a lot about an establishment by the toilets. The ladies was very clean and beautifully presented. So all in all we had a very enjoyable evening, which was even more memorable due to the foot of snow which had fallen outside whilst we were warm, cosy and well fed inside! Thanks Jayne!

• Visited January 2013