“Impressed with personal approach”
Review of Red Door Bistro

Red Door Bistro
Ranked #14 of 421 Restaurants in Wigan
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Small intimate award winning restaurant serving local fresh produce. Daily changing menu. Special offers
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Chose Red Door Bistro based on the reviews to host my 40th Birthday meal on 25 Jan 13. From my initial contact with Jayne, until our chat on the night, I haven' been disappointed. I was impressed by the personal approach - talking about the needs of my guests (3 of whom don't eat meat, but will eat fish) and 3 children, happily making off the menu creations for my grils . I had the mussels to start, which were very fresh and succulent (and I am a conisseur of them) followed by an extremely tasty rib eye steak, which was cooked exactly as requested. My birthday guests really enjoyed their food. Of note was the warm goats cheese salad and the ribs, both which my husband says were lovely. The ribs were so tender the meat fell of the bone and almost melted in the mouth. Despite it being a small place, they catered well for the 14 in my party as well as other guests in the Bistro. Jayne suggested that we could bring our own cake and balloons or she could organise them at cost price. Impressed that they were happy for us to bring and eat my birthday cake on the premises. I think you can also tell a lot about an establishment by the toilets. The ladies was very clean and beautifully presented. So all in all we had a very enjoyable evening, which was even more memorable due to the foot of snow which had fallen outside whilst we were warm, cosy and well fed inside! Thanks Jayne!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

fantastic food and service, menu is written brand new everyday by the chef based on fresh produce. We had lunch and ther werent any starters we fancied so the chef rustled up an extra few choices which i thought was fantastic. I was so impressed with this little gem i have already been back twicr and going again over x mas.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is are 3rd visit and each time we say that the food can't get any better and it does, we had the beef in red wine which was to die for. The staff are attentive without being overbearing and the atmosphere is pleasantly relaxing - a relaxing world away from a busy shopping town centre. I would thoroughly recommend it. Would just say that it does not particularly seem geared up for children, but having two young uns myself, it's a sometimes nice to be able to enjoy a meal out with the other half and treat the kids to a takeaway later.

RedDoorBistroWigan, Manager at Red Door Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hi Guys Thank you for your really nice review. Wow ! Your heading made me smile but I dont think we are quite there yet ha ha ha X We will keep trying though. Hope to see you again very soon x

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was our second visit to this gem of a restaurant. Once again the food was first class and service excellent. It really is the best restaurant in Wigan without a doubt. It was well worth a second visit and it will not be the last for us.

Thankyou for visiting us again guys and for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your second visit with us and we look forward to seeing you both again in the near future x

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been to Red Door Bistro three times and have loved it every time. They serve really lovely home cooked food that is fantastic value for money. It's a very intimate restaurant where Jayne and the staff really look after you. I've been to many restaurants in Wigan and this is definitely one of the nicest! I highly recommend.

1  Thank loobyloubuttercup

Thank you for your lovely review I am so pleased you have been enjoying your visits to us here and hope you visit many more times too x