“Bella Roma have stopped serving their mid week special menu”
Review of Bella Roma

Bella Roma
Ranked #95 of 401 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Bella Roma have stopped serving their mid week special menu”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I love this restaurant but only go on special occasions as it is quite pricey. They used to do a mid week special Tuesday to Thursday which was a two course meal plus wine for £14, this made it worthwhile and affordable to visit mid-week, disappointingly they have stopped this and I think it will loose them business, it has made them loose my business this week!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MCMCHC

wigan
“Was one of the best restaurants in Wigan untill today”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

we have over the past year frequented this restaurant once or twice a week after it was recommended by a friend. We in turn have recommended it to others. We have noticed changes in the restaurant staff recently -not for the better I might add. Tonight we have had our first disappointing meal - The menu had not been altered we were informed before the meal that mussels were out of season and not available for the fish stew. I ordered mushrooms with pesto only to be informed this had been changed to wild mushrooms on brioche -a bog standard starter which I dislike so ordered mozzerella and tomatoes -bland. My husbands fish stew arrived -no chorizo no nochi bland tomato sauce not the usual flavour filled sauce the aoli dip and bread which was on the menu was not served with the dish and when we pointed this out staff said they would have a word with the chef. We had finished the meal when it was finally presented so it was sent back My steak Rossini was ok. We advised saff of our disappointment and were told that the previous 'cook' had been replaced by a chef and the fish stew we had previously ravished was not a real fish stew - I will stand by the fact that this meal was previously the best meal served in Wigan. Although the staff new we were not happy with the meal we were not offered a reduction on the bill - we would have paid the bill in full anyway but it would have been considered a nice gesture from the restaurant. What a sad end for us to our favourite restaurant.

1 Thank cheaven
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Wine bar - don't go!!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Visited the wine bar part of this restaurant for with a couple of friends last night (Sat 19 May). Arrived around 9 pm, opened the door and the volume of the music nearly blew me out again, for such a small bar it was far too loud, heaven help the people who were sat in that part of the room!.
We went to the back and then realised why everyone was sitting at the front. Full of young kids running in and out, all the tables had been pushed together earlier on (must have been a large gathering eating together) but hadn't been put back. The floor around the tables where the kids and their families sat was covered in broken glass, dropped food, etc. At one point some kids were even kicking a football around!!!!
Pubs after 8.30 should be free of children.
Have been here before and was ok, but not again. The manager should really consider, is it a wine bar for adults in the evening or a family pub.

1 Thank Dot T
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Ate there early Saturday night. Pleasant service. Nice touch having a pianist. Created a warm atmosphere.
Had pate and garlic mushrooms to start. Nothing special but tasty. Pasta with a chilli cream sauce. Very nice. Fillet steak, brandy and cream sauce. Ok nothing to shout about. Don't get me wrong, it was good food, just not great food. Have eaten there a few times now.
One thing I would like to see is a specials board. I Dont think the menu has changed in a while, perhaps a seasonal one would be good.

1 Thank Dot T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Bella Roma, is fantastic, from the amazing food, service and the pianist that provided a perfect backdrop to a wonderful evening with the most special person in my life. 5 stars

1 Thank Johnstonemoffat