“Friday early bird menu”

Deliciosa Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family run tapas bar and restaurant in Ashton-In-Makerfield. Recently moved to new, larger premises and currently in the process of refurbishing the upper floor.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Value for money and service was excellent, the restaurant itself is nice and quiet with soft lighting. The meat dishes were well cooked and the beef stew had an excellent flavour however I found the fish cakes to be lacking any flavour at all. The only bad point besides is the wooden floor is full of holes and my new Kurt Geiger heel got stuck down one, which made me feel a bit ridiculous having to balance on someone's chair to try and rescue it. That aside its a lovely little restaurant and the staff and most of the food is great. For what you pay its well worth it!

There are newer reviews for Deliciosa Tapas Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was excited and couldn't wait to celebrate my birthday at Deliciosa. When I booked a table I was asked to pau £125 deposit. Three days before my meal, I telephoned Deliciosa to change my table from 25 to 20 they said I would lose £5 per person, which I thought was outrageous, as I had given them three days notice. During the night of my meal, customers were turned away; in fact a party of ten came in and the managet said he could not accommodate them, when there were a spare table inwhich I did not need. When i came to pay my bill, the management had taken £50 off my deposit and the young girl who took my payment was told not to till up my payment bit to put it in the till. This is day light robbery and bad management.

1  Thank jackielea
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went for an early evening meal with a friend on the way home from work. Staff were very pleasant and attentive but as we were the only customers I would expect that.
Ordered the sharing platter at £10 per head. Food was really lovely, fresh, hot and very tasty. Particular mention for the beef stew - I would have eaten a bowl of just that!
Bill very reasonable too!
Only issue was the temperature - I am sure it warms up with more people, but it wasn't warm enough and it would put me off going again in winter.
One last point - take cash, they don't do cards.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Used this restaurant many times, food is always excellent and staff are great, but on my last visit on Christmas Eve we noticed the front of house staff where very young and lacked any social skills, each dish was just placed on the table with no explanation. We had to ask if we could have drinks!! There was a random complementary drink given to 3 of the party and the rest of us got nothing lol. With some front of house management the night could have been a success. I shall return in the new year as I'm shore the normal service will return.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we have eaten here, again we weren't disappointed. Food was excellent again, service was good. The fact you can't pay by card is a real issue which should be addressed. There are definitely people put off by the cash only payment option. It's a shame as I would visit more often.