“Exceptional coffee...”

The Coven
Ranked #16 of 402 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fantastic cuisine in a historic part of town. Pure vegetarian & vegan with a wide choice for coeliacs too. Everything is cooked from scratch in The Coven kitchen - we all all the ingredients in our food so we can guarantee the quality. We also cater for special diets and needs and have special ingredients on hand to help. Massive drinks menu with 25 fine loose teas, organic coffees and normal & vegan milkshakes & smoothies.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exceptional coffee...”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Welcoming atmosphere (but never intrusive) was my experience visiting The Coven which had been recommended as serving the best coffee in Wigan - I was not disappointed and confirm the quality coffee as exceptional! Since then I've eaten breakfast and lunch there and I've been in the evening a couple of times I must say that I've found the food to be delicious whenever I've eaten. Even simple things like mushrooms and tomatoes on toast are better than I've ever had in a café. It's great to find somewhere that makes all their own stuff from scratch. I'm looking forward to the 'Raw' evening having watched their demonstration at the recent Wigan Food Festival. It's a friendly, welcoming and easygoing place serving fresh, tasty and appetizing food........and lets not forget the coffee!!

• Visited June 2013

“Expensive and bland”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

after reading good reviews we were looking forward to lunch here on Saturday,however we were disappointed with the quantity and the blandness of the food.the service was good but the food was very overpriced for what we got. Don't think we will be returning any time soon .

• Visited June 2013
Chorley, United Kingdom
“You don't have to be a vegetarian . . .”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

. . . to receive a warm and welcoming greeting at The Coven. I popped in by chance, never having visited a vegetarian restaurant before, and was delighted by the range of the menu and the food, not only was it beautifully presented but it was also delicious. I look forward to returning.

• Visited May 2013
Wigan
“A wonderful surprise in the heart of Wigan”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wigan is a great town but its food choices are a bit limited. This little place provides an excellent alternative for people who like things a little different. It offers tasty vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free food too. The atmosphere is cosy and very friendly.

• Visited April 2013
San Carlos, California
“I really wanted to like this place”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We have been four times now, but that is enough. The ladies / new owners really are lovely, but the food just is not good. On one occasion I ordered a falafel in a bagel, and got dollops of hummus on a bagel instead. The chef insisted they were falafels (which are a favourite) but they obviously were not. We really wanted to like it, but the food just is not good enough.

• Visited February 2013