“Disappointed”

Ranked #5 of 421 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Newly Extended 100 Seater, Multi Award Winning family run business. Est 2002 Top 5 listed restauarant National Curry Week Award Winning Signature Menu. A stone throw from the DW. The locals say RAJ is short for REALLY ALREET JACKBIT. 25% Off takeaways and home of the £8.95 Sunday Banquet. Latics and Warriors welcome. We are fans too. Kone, Mcarthy, Tomkins, Burke, Thornley, Sibbett, Farrell have all had jackbit. Come dine with us. Let us look after you. Join us on facebook or follow on Twitter.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After reading all the great reviews on trip adviser myself and my family decided to take a visit to The Raj on arrival it was a lot smaller and cramped than it looked on the photos, we ordered drinks then had to prompt the waiter who had clearly forgotten to take our order!! Starters and curry were average and prices were good. We won't return again after trying it and passing 3 great Indian restaurants in the Hindley area was very disappointed by the over all experience of the restaurant especially as it is rated number 1 in the Wigan area!!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I brought my dad here as his first Indian restaurant. I have visited any other Indian restaurants in the area so had to trust reviews on trip advisor. I wasn't disappointed. From phoning to book a table to eating our meal, the staff were friendly without being too 'in your face'. The food was very good and very well priced.

Thank you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

A real highlight of Wigan eateries, wide variety of interesting dishes to suit all pallettes.

Their appreciation of good football is however lacking

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited the Raj with a few colleagues and we were very impressed. The food was amazing, service efficient and very friendly - they really made us feel at home. When the bill came we couldn't believe the value! I highly recommend the King Prawn on Puri as a starter! If I'm ever in Wigan again, I'll be sure to visit the Raj!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The raj is a brilliant place to eat! Fair prices and the food is amazing! Recommend to anyone in the area to go here you won't be disappointed! The staff are always friendly and look after you whilst you are there x