“Great surroundings and good service”
Review of Fat Olive Wigan

Fat Olive Wigan
Ranked #9 of 403 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great surroundings and good service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a business lunch here recently.
Good choice of food and wine not overly priced and did a Tuesday special that meant you could have two courses for £10. The Moroccan Chicken and couscous dish I had was well cooked and well presented by courteous staff who didn't hover over you all the time but were there when you needed service - always a good point for me.
The restaurant itself was impressively presented and I loved the exposed brick walls and decor. It provided a great back drop for the place.
I loved the value for money and will definitely try to re visit on my next trip back to Wigan.

Visited March 2013

San Francisco
“Everything about this place is excellent!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Been a few times midweek and at weekends. Always had good food and excellent service.

Midweek fixed price menu is always good value. The staff are very welcoming and nothing appears to be too much trouble.

A few more midweek trips will be planned!

St Helens, United Kingdom
“A good find”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Went here for a special meal on a Monday evening (they are open!). Pleasant decor and not as noisy similar places. Menu is fairly traditional but with some interesting ideas. We ate from the Table d'hote menu and it was very good. 2 courses plus an above average bottle of wine and pre-meal drink came to just over £50 - pretty average value for round here. Food was excellent and the service spot-on. We would go again. I'd recommend it for couples or small groups particular if some are traditionalists and some a bit more adventurous.

Satnav get us there OK; just as well as Wigan one-way system is interesting!

• Visited March 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Tasty Food!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went as a large group, and had our order readyfrom the set menu. We were sat down and within 10 minutes our starters were sent out, which is great. I had mushroom soup. I hate mushrooms, but I was pleasantly surprised by this soup which was obviously homemade and very flavoursome so the initial disappointment was taken away!
For main meals there was plenty of choice in the menu and they all looks delicious, The beef I had was in a lovely red wine jus which was quite thick but tasty and the mash was also good. Even the dessert was beautiful, I really can't fault it. It was very busy for a Wednesday night so it's obviously very popular and well worth trying out.

• Visited March 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Visited this restaurant last Tuesday.brilliant food,service and atmosphere, the place was buzzing.Staff very attentive could nt fault it in any way will definitely be returning very soon.

• Visited February 2013