“Just gets better.....”

Ranked #24 of 419 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rigalettos is located within the DW Stadium and offers offers quality food at sensible prices.On offer are a range of menus created by our team of award winning chefs; an “Espresso” Lunch Menu, priced from just £6.95 for 2 courses; an extensive A La Carte Menu, Specials Menu and Early Bird Menu – giving you a wide variety of choice to suit your budget, time and occasion.Our chefs have mastered the oldest food concept in Italy so you can experience original 'stone fired' cooking from the wood-burning oven imported especially for Rigalettos from Naples.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Usually visit Rigalettos a couple of times a year and the last visit was last evening. As usual nice friendly meeting at the door (we had booked a table for four adults) and we were sown to a nice table in the bar waiting area. Drinks were ordered and a waiter soon appeared with menus. We all decided that the three course set menu at £13.95 suited us all. After some 10 minutes we were shown to a nice position table and following a couple of minutes wait our server arrived to take our order.

The starters consisted of a starter of roasted parsnip and potato soup and two starters of the pate and one of melon - all nicely presented and excellent taste. The mains were served, two of chicken and two of grilled sirloin - cooked to perfection and an excellent serving of vegetables consisting of six different veg in all, halfway through the meal we requested additional veg and a second dish arrived - all piping hot. Our four deserts were all the same strangely enough - apple pie and cream. .

The service throughout was excellent, the ambiance great and let me tell you at £13.95 a head, a real bargain. Rigalettos just seems to get better each time we visit, hat's off to the whole team....................

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I went with my wife and sister in law, she is over 80 and likes to eat early.
We arrived at 6:15 and had drinks whilst looking at the menu. We all decided on "The Early Bird " which was 2 courses for £8.45
This is excellent value.

Service was very attentive and the food arrived promptly.
The staff are very friendly and anyone of the waiting staff will take your order, not like some places where you are allocated 1 waiter. This makes for a very efficient service.

We have been before and would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went for the Early Bird special on Saturday, before the England France Rugby League Match. Starters were fine, Garlic bread for kids, my wife had fishcakes. Kids all has Pizza for their mains, which were huge and very tasty. My wife and I had Tagliatelle, which was swamped in sauce and over cooked. Kids had a Chocolate Cake thing for pudding which was very nice.

When I mentioned that the pasta was over cooked the manager was straight over and very apologetic. He said it was not up to their usual standard of food and gave a substantial discount. Good service and great Pizza. Willing to give the benefit of the doubt that this was just a bad night and will probably give it a go again in future. The way our complaint was dealt with was excellent.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here last night for the first time , which will definitely be the last..

Was absolutely horrible ! So bad that I have had to feel the need to write a review. The food was horrible.. We ordered garlic bread with cheese as a starter,just tasted like a shop bought one was horrible didn't even eat it all.
I ordered asagne as my main but was told it was sold out ??! So had to order a pasta dish with chorizo sausage , we also ordered another pasta dish and honestly when they arrived I could have made nicer myself ! Very very basic and just tasted like pasta thrown in a dish with some shop bought cheap pasta sauce and then microwaved !
I left nearly all of mine and the other dish was half left . When we were asked if everything was ok I did state that it wasn't and that we would never go back , and nothing was said other than " oh right " , and then took our money without even an apology or any discount ,

Terrible service ! Never again , Francis is in a different league to here AWFUL .....

2  Thank L123xx
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very good, the service is v good, and the food is superb. The menu is varied , I chose the sticky ribs for starter v good and the chicken for main again v good. I will definitely be back