“First timer”

Ranked #82 of 402 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Chinese Buffet is a dynamic and exciting, modern Chinese restaurant. Launched initially as a single restaurant in Bolton the concept has grown in size and stature into an emerging brand with nationwide aspirations. Peter Wu, Paolo Hu and David Hu created The Chinese Buffet with the clear aim of providing a new style of buffet restaurant, high quality food at low cost to customers. They created an eclectic blend of Chinese food using only the finest and freshest ingredients, prepared and presented to the highest of standards. THE Chinese Buffet believes all their customers should receive the care, attention and quality they would expect from the finest of a la carte restaurant. THE Chinese Buffet has exciting and ambitious expansion plans with more than 18 new restaurants planned to open across the North West within the next five years with a national franchise in place by 2016.
Wigan, United Kingdom
“First timer”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Have been to similar buffets, this one is better by far. It is what it says it is. First time this evening, no problem with the food and the staff are friendly and not in your face.

• Visited February 2014
Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
hi there, thanks so much for this review. Its always great to hear customers positive experiences. We hope you will be back soon

• Polish first
North West England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful food, very poor hygiene.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've had the misfortune to eat from here twice. On both occasions the food was wither cold, congealed, elderly, rubbery and of doubtful cleanliness.

This is certainly not a place you would want to visit for a romantic meal for two. The atmosphere is "crowded school canteen", being surrounded by people who might more benefit from having a trough filled by a shovel under their snouts. It might be an idea for management to charge people extra for food they have plated, but not eaten. The wastage you see here is horrific.

Their hygiene rating speaks for itself (rated 1 - major improvement necessary - January 2013)

They have recently had a refit, but their hygiene rating has NOT been increased. I would never return here.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Traveller454
Hi there, thanks for your feedback it sounds as though Buffet Dining is not for you but thanks for your feedback, it is appreciated
Hindley Green
“Expensive unnecessary refurb ”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Refurb = price increase, poorer food quality, less choice, awkward seating area and longer waiting times can't even be bothered putting sauce out for the ice cream. Been going here for years and since the recent refurb it's all gone down hill. We used book big parties here but no more will not be returning, such a shame!

Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Thanks for your feedback, im sorry you dont like our refurbishment in Wigan, we have had lots of positive feedback about the refurbishment. Wigan was tired and in need of some TLC so while I can see you may think this is extravagant, I can assure you it was very much needed. We know change can take a while to get used to and hope you will be back to see us soon
wigan
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I visit The Chinese Buffet in Wigan a lot as The food is always nice and a great value for money although I was a little disappointed on my last visit. The Salad from the salad bar tasted off my partner also said the same there was also no sauces for the Ice cream when on previous visits there was all kinds of things to put on the ice
cream, also another couple sat by us told us how they waited 30 mins after asking for their bill when going to the till to pay, The guy behind the till did not know which table we was sat at after trying to explain to him where I was sat he still didn't know so therefore he couldn't find our bill, This has never happened before but I think it would be beneficial to both the staff and customers if the tables had
numbers on.

• Visited February 2014
Hi there, thanks for your feedback. I will pass the table number suggestion back to the staff. It seems there was some confusion on that evening and hope your next visit will feel a little more relaxed.
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food..!!!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited TCB in WIgan week at lunchtime with a work colleague. The food was gorgeous, delicious and fresh. The 2 members of staff who dealt with us were lovely, attentive and well mannered. Before I wrote this review I read a couple of the previous written. I've heard people before say TCB is over priced, but where can you get a 3 course meal for 10 quid including a drink..! And don't forget you can eat as much as you want..! Also someone else mention that the car park historically was free and is now pay and display. It was 2 pounds the last couple of times I have been and was 80p last week, and to be honest I'm not even sure TCH own that carpark. I love TCB, always have a good eat..! :). Also just to mention as well there is a lot more choice now, especially with deserts..! All yummy..!! Enjoy..!!

• Visited January 2014
Gaynor R, Guest Relations Manager at The Chinese Buffet, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi there thanks so much for your feedback and glad you had a lovely meal with us. I really appreciate your comments around our service and also the pricing as we hope that our pricing is pitched at a level that is affordable for as you say a 'three course meal' of which you can eat as much as you like of the dishes you enjoy. We hope to see you back soon