“Food running out from buffet”
Review of The Chinese Buffet

The Chinese Buffet
Ranked #82 of 419 Restaurants in Wigan
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Chinese Buffet is a dynamic and exciting, modern Chinese restaurant. Launched initially as a single restaurant in Bolton the concept has grown in size and stature into an emerging brand with nationwide aspirations. Peter Wu, Paolo Hu and David Hu created The Chinese Buffet with the clear aim of providing a new style of buffet restaurant, high quality food at low cost to customers. They created an eclectic blend of Chinese food using only the finest and freshest ingredients, prepared and presented to the highest of standards. THE Chinese Buffet believes all their customers should receive the care, attention and quality they would expect from the finest of a la carte restaurant. THE Chinese Buffet has exciting and ambitious expansion plans with more than 18 new restaurants planned to open across the North West within the next five years with a national franchise in place by 2016.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sunday at 7pm, buffet was running out of food.
I asked for some curry sauce, but one of the service lady she said to wait a minute, after 10 minutes I decide to back to my table. Finished my main, I went for the dessert and I decided to got all the way around to check if the curry sauce has been replaced, but the bowl was still empty, so I could be waiting more than one hour and being forgotten....
Who check the buffet??? Where is the Manager??? It was not even busy...
A part from this they do very good Meat Spring Rolls, this is what I had all night, as there was most of the food running out.
I am not sure, but after long time that we not have been, we noticed that there is new staff, English staff, which let me think that it is under new management.
Suggestion for the Management, please go around and check the buffet area and your staff, if a customer ask for something can't be forgotten...

Reviewed January 31, 2013

food excelent place clean ,staff pleasant and helpfull.i can say that my wife and i really enjoyed the meal it was alunchtime.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Visited for lunch with my 4 year old daughter. The door in was broken so not a great first impression. Was seated right away and asked for drinks order, barely had time to look at the options, asked for a coke and a milk, was brought a large coke and a large milk - the glass was bigger than my daughter, no way was she going to finish it.

Food was plentiful and there was lots of choice but the quality of the ingredients let it down the chicken and beef were chewy and a little tasteless, some dishes were barely luke warm.

Desserts were very good and the ice cream is real creamy whippy stuff which was a nice surprise, for the price I would say you get what pay for so cannot complain too much

Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you're looking for a great all you can eat Chinese buffet, look no further. The staff are on the ball with clearing plates away from your table and topping up the food in the Bain Marie's, which is always a good thing!! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went with my partner and we had chicken and it was not cooked. The duck pancakes are good though... mmm duck....