“Carvery not good at all”
Review of Primrose Farm

Primrose Farm
Ranked #1 of 47 Quick Bites in Wigan
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Had a started of garlic mushrooms which were nice.
Staff were friendly but we stood waiting for over 5 minutes to get served carvery and staff never even noticed even though there were 6 of us in a queue. Someone had to go and ask staff to serve us. No apology for the wait when server arrived. The carvery itself was awful. Meat gammon was very fatty and inedible in parts. The roast potatoes are the worst potatoes I've ever had. Dry and inedible. Most Veg on offer had sat there for ages and looked dry so I only got spouts, cauliflower and carrots which were poor quality. Mash potato was average. Nice yorkshire pudding. I ordered a mocktail that was nothing special either. I am by far not a fussy eater and I would try this place again to give it a fair chance, but I wont be ordering carvery. There is far better places to eat in wigan for same price they need to up their game.

Date of visit: January 2020
PrimorseFarmWigan, General Manager at Primrose Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi and thanks so much for your comments. I am sorry to heart that you did not enjoy your carvery. Our carvery gets extremely positive comments on a daily basis and our team are trained to a very high standard to ensure it is consistent. There is always a duty manager on hand to help if you have any comments or issues and the fat can always be trimmed off the gammon by the carvery chef om request.
I hope that you will give us another try soon so that you can see any small issues can be easily solved and that our carvery is of very high standard ).

Write a reviewReviews (297)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

went a few days ago to this pub i had the veg tart with carvery , and my daughter had the mix meat wrap , i went to get my food and on sitting down too eat found that alll the carvery veg and potatoes were cold even my tart that had just been brought out from the kitchen , my daughter said her roast potatoes had a funney taste too them , i werent the only one as a few had the same complaint as they were refunding money to the customers . i told the member of staff and said he would get my money to refund but never returned got fed up waiting as it was getting full so was hard to find someone so left .

Date of visit: January 2020

Hi, I’m so sorry to read your comments. On the day in question we have no recollection of giving any refunds and only had positive comments about our carvery and our main menu service. It is saddening to hear that your experience was not a positive one and I hope that you will give us another chance to earn those other three stars.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I visited primrose farm on Sunday and was surprised that it was not as busy as when I first went months ago. The food again was fantastic, a nice family atmosphere in the pub and excellent service from all staff. Andrea who was working on the carvery was very polite and added to an enjoyable experience. We were served very quickly. Desserts are awesome and good parking facilities.

1  Thank Vinny C

Hi and thanks so much for your lovely review. We’re really glad when we make a difference! Hope to see you very soon :)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Staff were friendly and helpful reasonable priceed meals our wedding was made special by staff and was a very friendly environment to entertain our wedding quests food was exceptional and all arrived at the same time and everyone enjoyed there meals.would definitely go again and it is definitely worth a visit highly recommened

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
2  Thank tattersallcaroline68

Hi and thanks so much for your wonderful review. We’re really glad that we made the day special. Congratulations again and we hope to see you very soon :)

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Go for lunch every sunday.food always fresh.our server this week was Kelly B.really polite/friendly.explain different options on menu.favorite place to eat in wigan

1  Thank janegreenhalgh73

Hi and thanks so much for your lovely review. We’ll be sure to pass your comments on to Kelly.
See you soon :)