“A tucked away Gem”
Review of The Stables Brasserie - CLOSED

The Stables Brasserie
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This restaurant really is a little gem tucked away in the heart of wigan town centre. The staff were really friendly and attentive, especially Jean the owner, we were even introduced to the chef who I must add made the most delicious and beautifully presented food, my husband and I have dined at quite a few restaurants in the area and this ranks as one of the best, the whole dining atmosphere was superb. We look forward to our next visit and will definately be spreading the word on this place.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife took me to the Stables Brasseire for my birthday and what a great choice it turned out to be. The service was quite exceptional and the meal well what can you say it was fantastic. I had the duck and I must say right from the off that I have tasted duck in many top establishments but this was something special, it fell off the bone and the taste was superb, the vegetables were also superbly done, my wife decided to try the salmon and she commented straght away how good it was. The atmosphere was very good and relaxed and you got the impression that nothing was too much trouble and that the staff actually enjoyed their work, which is something strange in this day and age. A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at the Stables for making my birthday that little bit more special this year.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I've dined here several times and never been disappointed.
The food, service and atmosphere are very good.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

atmosphere was good food was poor. vegetarian option was slices of butternut squash undercooked and unseasoned horrible.

1  Thank claireveg
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We used to visit a lot in the past, but the last few times the food has been inconsistent in quality. Over cooked and peculiar tasting.
We will visit again and give the place the benefit of the doubt as we had had great meals in the past.