“No complaints”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We have called in here for sunday lunch quite a few times now and have found it very good.
The lunch is usual stuff always hot and you can return for more veg if you wish, the Chef is really nice and the staff are lovely...the restraunt is clean and tables cleared quickly, I cannot fault it.

There are newer reviews for County Restaurant

Reviewed September 19, 2010

The worst meal I've ever had in a Marriott hotel. The smallest fish pie, runny and the veg is served on the side with no plate. The fish pie comes on a slate with exactly 10 peas. Very very poor.

1  Thank Anlew
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Good décor and surroundings and excellent staff however the Tabl'e d'hote food quality lets it down . £ 23 for a 3 course meal sounds reasonable but some main courses are a let down...Such a shame they can't get it right because the staff all work hard to try to please,

Reviewed January 15, 2010

Unfortunately I'm inclined to submit a negative review about this establishment, following a decidedly horrendous meal with a group of friends this evening. Starter was OK - nothing special, but it's hard to go wrong with French Onion Soup! Main course was the worst - raw veg, and very tough meat made the majority of the meal purely inedible. Following numerous complaints from our considerably large group, we were compensated with bottles of wine - averaging one bottle between five people! But then the deserts arrived. You'd have thought a special effort would be made by kitchen staff at this point in the evening to right some wrongs, following the considerable disappointment of the mains. However a large proportion of deserts were served frozen!

This experience has left me very disappointed in the County Hotel, Durham. It has long been looked upon as one of the jewels of our city, and held in high esteem by many. My experience has done nothing to re-enforce this, and I will no longer be recommending this establishment as a high quality, value for money place to eat in Durham.

Reviewed May 2, 2009

I have nothing but great things to say about the hotel and staff. I also had wonderful food, and a great waiter. But the maitre d' and assistant looked down their nose at my mother and I after learning we didn't have reservations in the near empty restaurant at 8:30pm in the evening. We enjoyed the duck and steak. The new potatoes were not a highlight.