“excellent service”

Bella Italia Durham
Ranked #78 of 305 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bella Italia in Durham boasts a beautiful city location tucked away beside the River Wear at the bottom of Silver Street. Step inside the pretty entrance and dine in the charming conservatory dining room with views overlooking the river and the bridge. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Durham Bella Italia is a popular destination not just for the lovely views but for its well priced Italian dishes such as beef and pork meatballs in a rich tomato sauce served on spaghetti or the smoked salmon, prawns and cherry tomatoes served on penne pasta with a spinach, saffron and cream sauce. Bella Italia Durham is a real gem of a restaurant.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“excellent service”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I took the family here and there was something in menu for everyone! great atmosphere and very clean than you very mucj

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
“Lunch”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

My family & I were at Bella Italia for a lunch meal & we were not disappointed. I had creamy baked mushrooms while my family had the soup of the day. Both were delicious. As mains we had pasta dishes which were as well very nice, since pasta can be a bit bland & the sauce overpowering. But not in this restaurant. We enjoyed our meal & we'll come back.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely location”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The best thing about this restaurant is the location - right by the River Wear - beautiful. A great place to visit on a summer's evening and watch the river flowing by, as well as seeing the wildlife in and on the river itself.
The food is nicely presented and tasty and within an average price range. The service was good.
Unfortunately, when I visited the ladies' toilets, they were in a state. I cannot comment if this is the norm or not. The men's toilets were OK (so my husband told me!).
All in all, I would certainly consider returning to this restaurant for its wonderful location - the toilets have not put me off too much!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

was surprising impressed by the quality of the food here, would definitely visit this chain again.

service was prompt and attentive

• Visited March 2014
“Much better food to be had elsewhere.”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Picked the restaurant for the location which is very pretty this however was the only thing that impressed us. On arrival two of our party ordered pear cider and lager turned up at the table, the waitress did change this quickly however. The starters came quickly and were ok at best. I ordered the surf and turf for my main and steak was over done and dry, my daughter had chicken which was so dry she left half of it, it was actually crumbling as she was cutting it. My partners main turned up at the table without the sauce he ordered and was told they didn't have any left and was asked to choose a different one. He should have been warned long before it was brought out in case he wanted to change his order to something else. To add insult to injury he ordered lemon cake for dessert which was supposed to come with a custard. The cake turned up without the custard and with no explanation. He called the waitress over to ask about it and was told there was none left, he had to ask for cream as it wasn't offered. We feel the food is over priced and we will not be returning.