“Best food in Durham!!”

Shaheens Indian
Ranked #1 of 381 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Shaheens is a well established buisness Located 100 yards from durham cathedral Shaheen's is a warm and welcoming place For families and individuals Shaheens has been serving durham for over 30 years, priding ourselves in a traditional and authentic indian cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the best dinner I’ve had in Durham, and is definitely some of the best Indian food I’ve ever had. The waiters are very helpful with making recommendations for anyone that’s new to trying Indian cuisine. Overall a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (664)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was exceptional, it's like every dish has a story to tell. I have been introduced to a Balti dish for the first time that I couldn't had enough from YUMMM my mom was accompanying me and she said that thier Balti is like no other. I definitely recommend the place for a warm dinner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

3 Brits and 3 Americans visiting Durham. 2 of my friends had never experienced Indian food. Service was exceptional with help in deciding what the newcomers would enjoy. I love Indian food and always have fun while in England making the most of the wonderful Indian food and culture. None of us were disappointment and I would return. Food great. Owner/Chef very attentive in discussing amount of spice for my friends.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited with my family Friday evening. The service was good and the food was tasty, however, the experience was let down by faintly stale poppadoms and a salad accompaniment that was very tired - lettuce turning brown on the stems.

Was wondering why my experience was very different to most reviews here, but find my critical review has been reject twice now. This review is for Shaheens Indian in Durham!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was friendly and helpful and the food excellent, a far cry from the usual standard dishes which are just a variation on a basic curry sauce. The dishes were very well spiced and not heavy or greasy. The chef came out to talk to us and her passion for the food was clear. Whenever I'm in Durham again I'd make a point of going there.