“Full of praise for the receptionist”

Premier Inn Durham North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Durham
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Full of praise for the receptionist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was the second time of staying at this hotel. I arrived and upon unpacking my bag realized that I did not have my medication tablets. On reporting this to the receptionist " Judith " she was able to give me details of what I should do for replacements and did the necessary telephone calls.
I must say that I think the Premier Inns have gone up a notch in terms of comfortable rooms, Friendly and helpful staff and eating facilities attached with a good selection of meals to eat at reasonable prices.
Everyone of the staff I spoke to had a smile on their face and appeared to be enjoying their work looking after the customer.

Room Tip: The quiet zone is good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed at Pity Me Premier Inn when visiting friend in the area, this is our second stay here, we really like the location as it is quiet and there is a small retail part nearby. The rooms are as expected comfortable and clean with tea and coffee available, staff are friendly. We visited the pub next door one evening which was nice but quiet. We chose not to have breakfast at there as we felt the prices were too high and when we checked it did not look fresh and topped up well; so we went to Sainsburys cafe in the retail park which was cheaper and freshly cooked.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leggie
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great weekend away far exceeded my expectations as was first time using the premier inn chain i would not hesitate to use again the staff were all really friendly and the hotel clean the breakfast was the best I have had in a hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

You often hear about those £29.00 rooms which never seem to be available at Premiers but we dropped lucky it would seem bagging 2 rooms for £29.00 each. I stayed here with my parents for one night, the night before my MA graduation at Durham University. Firstly on arrival the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to help. I forgot my graduation paperwork for my robes and the reception staff printed it out for me, thanks for that, it was nice to see that customer care still exists!! Also the night staff rang around several taxi companies for us to ensure we got a taxi to Palace Green at the time we wanted! It was all very professional and I felt very friendly.

Both rooms were very nice, very clean and spacious and there were plenty pillows in the room to use, needless to say I had an excellent nights sleep and it was a shame to get up at 6 am to get ready!! The hotel itself is set near a retail park which you can go and have a look around and seems very nice also there is ample free parking at the Premier itself which was nice to see. We ate in the restaurant opposite, the Dunlem Ridge, I was a bit sceptical at first because I have been to other Premier Inns in the area and their restaurants have been a let down. Food here was great though, piping hot, good portion size and very tasty.

In all an excellent stay at an excellent hotel! The ease of the hotel made a very special day great. I would stay here again in a heartbeat should I ever return to Durham!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Zoe W
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here for one night with my son before a watching match at St James' Park, Newcastle the next day.
I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful, room spacious and clean and not much noise around for a Saturday night. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wooler
Jarrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We’ve just returned from a pleasant two nights stay. The hotel was up to Premier Inn’s usual high standards. The room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed (and two pillows each). The hotel had ample free parking and the reception staff were friendly.
There’s a restaurant on the door-step, where we had a nice meal on the Saturday night.
I would have no problems in using this hotel again and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LellynIan
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here for the first time for 3 nights over Christmas.
Staff excellent,they were fantastic,so friendly with lots of knowledge
Rooms,very very clean,warm
Resturant,had Xmas dinner there and breakfast and the staff and food was great.
Why pay loads of money for a hotel not as good as this one

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple