“one of the best nights sleep at a premier Inn.”

Premier Inn Durham North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn on Thursday 10th January for a family celebration, and so booked 2 rooms here.
The staff that we met were all extremely helpful and friendly, the Inn itself was the cleanest Premier Inn that we have so far ever stayed in.
The room itself was spotless. Got to say that this was one of the most comfortable night's sleep that we've had in a long while.
From our room (which was ground floor) you could not hear any road traffic or any other noises from within the Premier Inn.
We also booked breakfast as an optional extra, and went for the £8.25 eat as much as you like full buffert... you just couldn't go wrong on this. There was plenty of food choices, and as we had 2 of our guests who were on a gluten free diet, there was plenty of choice with the eggs, mushrooms, bacon, tomatoes etc as well as the mixed fruits. All in all, an excellent stay, with good quality at a really good , fair price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Even if cost was not your first concern, this hotel is excellent well staffed, clean and comfortable a great place to stay if you have been on the road all day well done! The only small problem was finding the hotel in the darkour sat nav stopped around the corner about 400m away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel was great as is usually the case with any Premier Inn I have stayed in. Room was clean and well kept. Bathroom was spotless. The adjoining pub was good too. Food was great and service was very friendly. Receptionist was very friendly and check in was very efficient. I would definitely return when in the area on business.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Nice location and a great restaurant next door. The best real ale I've had in a while! It was pie night when I arrived. A nice touch! The restaurant does get full of families with your children but it's OK. The hotel is quiet and comfy. My Satnav took me to the retail [ark but then I saw the hotel on the display. Good value hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Premier Inn Pity Me for the weekend whilst visiting friends nearby. The hotel is close to a retail park, make sure you follow the instructions given by the hotel to find it as SatNav will take you to the shopping area. The Hotel has free parking facilites, a manned 24 hr reception with vending machine selling chocolate and crisps and an information unit. We were welcomed by a friendly young man who efficently checked up in and explained where we find our room. We arrived at 00.30 at night so all was quiet. Our room was located on the upper floor with views to the rear of the hotel. The room was clean and welcoming, with tea and coffee making facilities, no hot chocolate though. There was a TV in the room with a variety of freeview channels and a hairdryer which was good. There were no ironing facilities in the room. The room was heated by a storage heater controlled independently in the room. The bed was large and quite high, gave a new meaning to climbing into bed. My husband didn't notice it until I mentioned it but he is 6ft and I am just under 5ft so I guess that's why. The bathroom was exceptionally clean, I particularly liked the way the shower curtain rail was curved so it didn't stick to you when you had a shower. The water was hot and there was gel and shampoo available on the wall units. The staff we encountered were all very nice and friendly, happy to answer any questions and did not hassle you on the day of departure like some hotels do. All in all an enjoyable stay, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a disabled room if you need a lower bed. The pub across the road is expensive for Breakfast...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In most respects this was a typical Premier Inn and usually that is a good point. However, it too suffered from what I find is a recurring theme at Premier Inns - very poor WiFi. The signal was weak and the connection speed so low that it took me twice as long as necessary to get some work done. Added to that the shower was extremely poor with barely more than a dribble of water. I am nearly bald and it must have taken me several minutes just to wash the shampoo out of my hair! My daughter stayed there the same night as me and said that her shower was very poor too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michael O
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For good or for bad, generally when you have stayed in one Premier Inn you have stayed in all of them. You know what to expect from the room and the services available. This one is no different. The room was clean, spare blankets and pillows were right there, staff were friendly and knowledgable about the surrounding area and the food served in the adjoining pub was reasonably priced. We got this room at the 19 pound rate and that coupled with the kids eat free with every adult breakfast purchased make this a fantastic deal for anyone. Because of this rate the hotel was full on both nights we stayed here yet there was no excessive noise in the hotel. Rooms were fairly well soundproofed and there was plenty of parking available. The only negative things I can think of is that the rooms dont have house phones so if you dont have a mobile phone you do not have the ability to make or receive calls and the wifi signal was weak the further from reception you are.

In this economy, if you are looking to stay in a hotel why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: If you need wifi get a room closer to reception
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family