The Honest Lawyer Hotel
$172
$141
  • Pool
$110
Bannatyne Hotel Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
$56
$49
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Lumley Castle Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
$87
$85
Premier Inn Durham City Centre(Durham)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Durham East Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
$71
Travelodge Durham(Durham)(Great Value!)
$66
Travelodge
Premier Inn Durham North Hotel(Durham)(Great Value!)
$71
1,016 results
All reviewsmotel stylemain buildingfish and chipssunday lunchroad noisecourtyard roomdurham citypark and rideexcellent value for moneybooked this hotelsconesmain coursean evening mealmember of staffnight's sleeptwo night stayfour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We were given the gift of a few days away by my mother as a wedding gift as we couldn't go abroad. In one word it was fantastic and so glad my mum booked the Best Western.
We were lucky enough to have the breakfast and evening meal as part of our package and the food was amazing.
On arrival to our room a member of staff brought us a bottle of bubbly and some orange juice as I'm pregnant and they made a fuss which was lovely after only few days of being married. Room was spacious and couldn't complain and the bathroom was also lovely especially with a jacuzzi bath (stayed in many hotels and never had one)
Hubby is a chef and I've worked within restaurant industry and we were both very impressed (which is a hard task). As I said food was spectacular and couldn't ask for anything better we tried something different each night and the breakfast was equally as good and no faults could be found. Staff were so friendly and made you feel at ease and a very comfortable atmosphere.
Can't really say much more than that, we both would visit again and think anyone visiting Durham to give this hotel a try - you definately wont be disappointed :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Dear mc_8682

First of all I would like to thankyou for such amazing comments in your review, I'm delighted the service & quality of food you recieved exceeded your expectations during your stay. I will pass all your comments down to all departments, your words are a constant source of motivation to us all. Also i would like to add, coming from a couple that is a Chef and worked in the Industry on F.O.H your words will give our team a further boast.

Again thanks for all your comments and we will look forward to welcome you both back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

My family enjoyed Christmas day lunch at this brilliant hotel. From making the original booking in August, the service from the staff team was without exception some of the best I have experienced. The food was excellent and the attention to detail first class. The whole staff team worked extremely hard to create a wonderful ambiance and atmosphere. We had two young children in the party and they were both made to feel welcome and comfortable. The whole experience made a lovely family Christmas all the more special. We are celebrating a special family birthday soon and will have no hesitation in booking it here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Dear gabriel023

I would like to thank you personally for all your amazing comments about the food and service you all recieved on Christmas Day. I had the pleasure in working that day and the feedback was really touching, all the staff throughly enjoyed working Christmas Day and found it a very relaxing atmposphere also. I also would like to thank you both for sending me an e-mail at the hotel I will pass all your comments down to my staff, this is a constant motivation to us all that we are exceeding our guests expectations. We would be thrilled if yourself and friends become regular diners at the hotel, and maybe even book early for Christmas next year.

Thanks again.

Best Western Honest Lawyer Hotel

Reviewed January 9, 2011

We stayed at the Honest Lawyer for a weekend break, to celebrate our birthday's. The Hotel was warm and welcoming, rooms clean, tidy, warm and well equipped, Hotel staff were very friendly and efficient, in particular Chris the Manager and Paul running the restaurant side, Its in a good location for the Metro Centre, Durham and golf courses. I would certainly reccomend and make a return trip it was that good :-)

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear dianebranford

Diane I would like to thank you for your warm words regarding your recent stay with ourselves, and all your positive comments about the team that looked after you both. I speak for all the staff when I say day to day it is so refreshing to have so many amazing people stay at our hotel, it certainly makes all the hard work feel worth while, each and every comment of praise really confirms my staff are a great asset to our business. I would be delighted to welcome you both back soon maybe for a short break when the weather is a little more kinder.

Thanks again for all your comments

Reviewed January 8, 2011

i had 16 golfers from fife,scotland staying here fri and sat evening,all the golfers were amazed at the quality of food,service,help and special requirements they rallied round to help and advice my group..the food was fantastic and the choice of drink is suberb(didnt have tallisker whisky on friday but on sat it was behind the bar)very clean,and service for food was tremodous,on the saturday evening our lads(scotland team)were slighty vocal to our national anthem and to our disbeilvement some of the local dinners started singing along which really started into a party that evening(4am)must thank chris and the zoe for the help and all the other staff....5 star allways here.....ps...anyone who stays there from now will see a trophy and a scotland flag and few hats,thats our big one and we won it in durham.....bring on 3-5th june 2011....please read this and book it,,,you wonr regret it....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Dear fbgolfing2005

It was certainly our pleasure to look after your golf party over the whole weekend, I'm so pleased you all throughly enjoyed the service and quality of food during your stay. We are quite lucky to have several amazing golf courses so close by, perfect for golf society's. I will certainly pass all your comments down to all relevant departments, your words are a constant motivation to us all.

We will look forward to seeing you all again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 8, 2011

Following my recent stay at the hotel, nothing has changed!
Staff still pleasant & welcoming,
Rooms excellent,
Bar and restaurant warm and inviting,
Food "amazing" - Harry the Chef - "Mackerel & Black Pudding starter?", surely that combination can't work........Sorry it does, so the "crispy duck" goes to No.2 on the list.
I'll be back in January (work) and later in the year for the golf.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
HonestLawyerHotel, General Manager at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Dear mick-deek

First of all I would like to thank you personally for your kind words, I'm thrilled you keep returning to our hotel and you throughly enjoy the service you receive on every occasion. Our new menu has been launched since your last visit so I'm sure you will enjoy my chefs new delights. Again thnaks for your comments, these words will be passed down to all departments which is a constant motivation to us all. We will look forward to seeing you again in 2011.

Best Western Honest Lawyer Hotel