Tripadvisor

Ranked #43 of 370 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Brazilian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Tango Durham, you will experience the ultimate in comfort food with a modern twist. Located in one of Durhams most iconic buildings constructed in 1771 as the bridge house for the city’s famous world heritage site 'Old Elvet Bridge, we serve all your favourites from mouth-watering twists on the classic burger to healthy cuisine inspired by the Middle East with fresh in house made calorific desserts to top it all off. All truly locally sourced and produced fresh in house by the Tango team. If you are looking for a drink in a relaxed atmosphere, then we are the place, with fresh cocktails made in front of you at the bar by our team of trained mixologist’s to coffee’s brewed by our trained baristas. We also offer a small but unique selection of carefully selected beers and spirits selected from our travels around the globe. Locally owned & operated by true foodies.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've been to many of this type of restaurant but last Sunday I was blown away by the quality and preparation of our food , the restaurant was beautiful and the service from Craig was outstanding . Truly a night to remember , me and my partner will be defined going back here again. Worth a look if your ready for some real delicious food

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (674)

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Booked here easily by phone and had a great family meal. Lovely burgers, great selection of drinks all at a reasonable price. Our dog was made very welcome too!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Burgers always delicious and priced well. Never had food and we've been quite a few times now over the years. Staff are also a credit to the place-helpful and friendly, and happy to answer questions about the menu.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

We were sat and left for a good 5 minutes before drinks were taken. Which is fine in a busy restaurant this was dead with 3 members of staff floating around 3 tables. The food was tolerable at best. The blue cheese tasted like rubber and chemicals. My partner literally had a shrivelled mushroom a pepper and a slice of halloumi in a bun that's a poor vegetarian option at £12/13. The service was awful we were shrugged at and brushed off when we finally attempted to pay. Upon leaving we couldn't even get to the door as the staff wouldn't move for us to get by. I wouldn't return £50 for 2 bland meals and 4 drinks was steep. An independent business that does nothing to make me want to support them. Uninterested staff and more error than trial and error burger attempts.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

Visited here recently with a few mates and had simply the most wonderful experience. You don't have to be the world's greatest detective to figure out you've stumbled onto something very special here.

The staff were professional, friendly, funny and just downright charming. A big shout out to all you beautiful burgermasters!

Speaking of which, the burgers were worthy of a pharoah, and if you think otherwise, ya'll need to get a brain. Some burger joints put on too many onions, but these golden crispy boys are juuuuusssst right.

Some grub, some laughs, some great memories, all await you here. I'll be back as soon as I can with the appetite of a bird of prey (hawk or condor, take your pick).

(Only thing I found weird... They don't actually serve Tango the drink here... I mean, I don't even like the stuff, myself, but still).

Would defiantly recommend to a friend and even encourage a foe to go, because nobody should miss out on this formidable flavour fortress!