“Amazing find in the Durham area”
Review of Cross Keys Inn

Cross Keys Inn
Ranked #19 of 312 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: International, British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The cross keys provides friendly service and a range of food for everyone. While we provide traditional homemade British classics we also have a specials board which covers cuisine from around the world. Our desserts are eclectic and traditional
“Amazing find in the Durham area”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped for a look at this quaint looking bar/ restaurant and ended up having a meal with myself and two kids, the kids menu was good just what they would have at home happy days, my meal was chosen from the main menu, the STEAK PIE I had was excellent the kids polished off a pudding each which was part of the kids menu deal definitely worth a return visit. The frontline staff we met were brilliant and informative THANKS

• Visited April 2013

durham
“Not bad”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We ate here with friends for a celebration the service was very good but the food was mediocre I had a steak that should have been medium and it was served well done the chips were greasy but it was busy so maybe just an off night.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank sue j
Marie Y, Owner at Cross Keys Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We took over The CrossKeys last summer and one of the first things we did was source local suppliers and producers and make sure all our food was freshly cooked. We also took our time in selecting a great team both front of house and in the kitchen. Right across the board our main aim is to give the customer a great experience and a feeling of value for money. On a positive you did receive that from our front of house server and that's great, but you felt let down with the food you ordered and that's not OK. As you can read from our other reviews we are exceeding customers expectations with our food and are striving to continuously keep building on this to provide excellent food to every customer. I am sorry that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations. My staff and I always ask each customer regularly if their food is good, are they happy, is there anything else we can do to help? I wish you had taken this opportunity to honestly tell us you were not 100% happy with your food as I guarantee we would have rectified the problem immediately without any fuss, That's what we are here for, So please, when next in our restaurant, and I do hope there is a next time, feel free to introduce yourself to us as we value ALL feedback, and give us the opportunity to give you a fantastic dining experience at The CrossKeys.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Charm Quality and Value”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had found this restaurant in the North East Cheers magazine, we had no idea what to expect, as we had not looked at trip advisor.. What a location, with geat views. The staff welcomed us when we arrived, even though we did not have a reservation and we attentive till we left. We both had a steak supper, steak was done as we requested, the wedges we superb, a salad was also ordered and this was beautifully fresh. We both had a sweet, I had the apple and plumb crumble with custard my other half enjoyed the sticky toffee with ice cream, she had a coffee, I enjoyed several pints of superb real ale with the Fyne Ales Avalanche being a real treat. The food and drink was fairly priced. The toilets were clean and tidy. There is also a bar on the opposite side to the restaurant, which was quite busy. I am not surprised, considering the superb quality of the ale. Plently of parking is also available . This pub restaurant is not to be missed. I look forward to another visit, as the weather improves a booking may be required we will certainly phone first.

• Visited February 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New ideas - old values!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a superb meal in very friendly surroundings on Saturday evening. We were really spoiled for choice with the well thought out menu designed to satisfy all tastes. I had the risotto to start made with local black pudding, bacon and a perfectly cooked, runny egg! This was followed by a superbly well cooked sirloin stake, again locally sourced, My wife had an amazing tortellini starter and the most amazing steak and ale pie. Unfortunately we were both too full to sample the delightful looking desert selection - have to go back again for that!

The service was friendly and casual yet very efficient provided by amusing and knowledgeable
staff. The beer was truly fantastic and as a real ale lover I was delighted to be offered not one but a choice of four ales! I thought it rude not to try them all;-)).

The bar was pleasantly full, but not too crowded and we had a super evening chatting to the locals and to the proprietor who made sure our evening was a great success.

Many thanks for a great night out and see you again

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Stewart L
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Great Service”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've eaten in this friendly little pub a few times whilst visiting my friend and have had no regrets.
my favourite dish so far is the honey roast gammon, its was delicious. both the waitress Becky and the bar maid Jane were excellent and were able to solve my queries straight away without hassle.
it is very reasonably priced and perfect place for home made food
Thank you very much and hopefully I will be returning soon

• Visited October 2012