Review Highlights
Home away from Home

This is beautiful scenery, the Durham coast. Although it may be nippy with the wind from the north... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2018
millsonbandm
Auckland, New Zealand
Beautifully

The east Durham coast is the best there is.I moved from the south and find it most untouched and a... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2018
John F
Durham, United Kingdom

All reviews hawthorn dene coastal walk rugged cliffs sea birds sea glass seaham harbour beautiful stretch public art dog walkers coal mining lovely walk town centre worth a visit great place to visit hartlepool wildlife blackhall
Reviewed July 20, 2013

a spacious quiet coastline with plenty of nice walks and a mixture of sand and shingle beaches without the noise of the arcades and traffic of the bigger resorts , loads of free parking , ideal for you and your pets to burn off the calories on a weekend or evening walk

Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you have never been to this part of the world next time you are in the area give it a try, you will be pleasantly surprised. Magnificent and moody, who could forget the beach in the last scene from Get Carter!
Many a film has been shot in the Blackhall area including a aprt of Aliens! Enjoy!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

While on our visit to Co Durham we visited Seaham, and Seaburn. Both different but full of history. We will be returning to visit the coastline further north.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Durham coast is beautiful!!! I walk my dog along easing ton beach banks every day, twice a day if I get the chance and I've been known to be gone for 3 hours at a time....... beautiful!! we get people from all over coming to walk their dogs here and we also get lots of people without dogs visiting just to see the lovely scenery!!

1  Thank Lynseya1
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Much cleaner than I remember from my childhood but the wind keeps that 'bracing' feel to the air - so don't stray too far from the car.