“Lovely evening!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Having read all the reviews about this restaurant we thought we would give it a try with some friends. Staff very friendly and efficient, Garlic Pizza bread lovely not thick but lovely light and crispy. All of our main courses were excellent, am going to try the fillet steak next time. Wine good, and desserts equally so ... the banoffee pie was superb. Will definitely visit again. Well done Lee and staff.

1  Thank missie14

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Living in Spennymoor I am really pleased we have a restaurant like Bistro 53. This is the best place to eat by far in Spennymoor, the staff are very friendly and the food is varied and of a great standard. All the steak served in Bistro 53 is locally purchased and comes from local farms. The atmosphere in the restaurant is a cool, welcoming, laid back and quite funky, I have taken my family here on a regular basis and we always have a good night. I have eaten in a few restaurants in Spennymoor and always keep going back to Bistro 53, simply the best!!

4  Thank Eliz C
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife an I visited the restaurant while staying at nearby Whitworth Hall for our 10 year anniversary. The restaurant is clean, friendly and food is lovely.

The service of the young waitress and the man I assume to be the owner, was top notch and very efficient. The restaurant was quite busy when we visited and the pair were run off their feet, but still maintained a constant professional service with a smile.

I was pleasantly surprised at how cheap our bill was too.

3  Thank ben h
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We visit this restaurant every time we visit my aunties and is is great. The food is great and survive is second to none.

3  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Restruaunt doesn't look the most appealing from outside which is a shame as inside is lovely! Cozy and warm atmosphere.
Outside needs more signage so it stands out more.
Service was excellent! Staff very friendly and polite.
Ordered potatoe skins! Sophie burger and girlfriend ordered the chicken skewer and chicken Julius?
Nice and hot. Good quick service. Food was nice bit too much salad for my liking but overall nice food. Not sure if food was anything special however..
Burger not much taste... Was expecting my taste buds to dance a bit more but unfortunately not.
Credit to owner this restaurant just needs upgraded outside and bit more vava voom on menu.

2  Thank GlennNortheast