“Average Sunday Lunch”

Stonebridge Inn
Ranked #67 of 304 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Average Sunday Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We decided to try the 'Stonebridge' after recently moving to the area and having it recommended to us. Sunday lunch seemed the perfect opportunity to try it so we didn't book and just showed up. No problem getting a table although it was busy. The staff are very friendly and efficient. There is a good option for children which is clearly stated on the main menu with many meals having 'c' next to them meaning child's portion which was a welcome relief from the normal burger and chips!

My husband and I had the roast dinners and my son had a child's portion of corned beef pie. I have to say I was rather disappointed. It was nicely presented but they had used Paxo stuffing, frozen yorkshire puddings and Aunt Bessies Roast Potatoes. The gravy and vegetables were lovely however and obviously fresh. My son's corned beef pie looked extremely dry and the chips were again frozen ones.

Throughout the meal we were plagued by flies buzzing around our heads which, in October, is quite concerning.

I wouldn't recommend this pub as I feel that if corners are cut on a Sunday to this extent then throughout the week could be worse. Also where the flies were coming from was a big worry!!!

• Visited October 2012

Leeds, England
“Friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stopped for mid-week lunch on a whim as passing by. Bar man very friendly; standing behind a "welcome sign" ! Huge menu on chalk board and table cards; plus specials. Very large pub with many tables. Two hand pulled real ales: Deuchars IPA and (another one) at £2.60 per pint plus the usual corporation beers. Prices very reasonable. Extremely difficult to exit the car park and turn right onto the main road because of speed and volume of traffic. Better to turn left and turn back when possible.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Corky100
Durham
“Bite to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Relaxed atmosphere, enjoyed the food. Wil come back.

1 Thank AHarker
Durham
“Good Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

After being turned away from The Morley Wood in Brandon after having booked several weeks ago but because there was football taking place on telly they decided to stop doing food without telling us we travelled down the road to The Stonebridge.
We were accepted at late notice and had a great meal.
Two courses for £8.50..black pud and spicy noodle soup for starters..v v good.
Main course straightforward Sunday lunch tasty meat and fresh veg.
Drinks on the pricey side.

• Visited March 2012
East Boldon
“NOT NICE AT ALL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

We used to visit here a few years back and enjoyed the Beer battered Cod and Chips, we decided to give it a go for lunch with our 3 Year old daughter.
I ordered the chicken curry, my husband had burger and chips and we ordered a childs pasta bolognaise for our daughter.
My curry was disgusting, it tasted very strongly of vinegar and when we took it back the chef agreed with us, and I changed it for a ham sandwich !
my husbands burger had plasic cheese on, and our daughters bolognaise was pale and tasteless, she would not eat it.
We should of known from entering as their was no one in, but we just thought it was a slack day now we know why ! It was such a shame as we have had a few pleasant meals here in the past.

• Visited February 2012