Review Highlights

Reviewed July 25, 2018
George P
Durham, United Kingdom
Goo day out

Worth a visit if you've not been before, kids will love it! Is it the best in the region? Probably... read more

Reviewed September 9, 2017
Glen P
Sunderland, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews woodland walk go karts inflatable slide soft play fire engine shetland pony animal petting rabbits and guinea pigs visited today pillows tractor bouncy picnic jumping nephew
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Was Mini Moo's the play equipment is good, I'm an electric wheelchair user and still charged £5 to get in, and just found out Grandparents get in free.......like I can do anything!!.... bit much I thought, inflatables are great, outside area is ok, cafe is shocking, queued 45mins just to get served, the cafe staff constantly left the tills to make food leaving no one to serve the ever growing que, I would recommend the cafe has an overhaul of its organisation, such a shame as this really spoiled our experience, as for no outside food in the cafe oh wow!!.. people were so fed up with the que, they left drove to McDonald's brought it back into the cafe had eaten it while I was still in the que, shame I didn't think of that.
Do something with your cafe or you will loose revenue and customers,

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Excellent for the children to burn off that excess energy. Café organisation very poor huge delays in receiving food order. Grandparents go free

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

Visited the newly named holmside park today - my honest opinion is us that it is overpriced for what you get. The barn area with the inflatable in is way too hot with no air conditioning - the food is basic - not very easy but way over priced at £4.95 for a child's meal that consisted of a few over cooked chicken pops with a small amount of frozen chips - the hotdog at £2.50 did not seem to bad on price but when it came the bun was uneatable. But on a plus side staff were friendly. Considering it was £36.00 to visit here it would of only of Bern £38.80 to go to adventure valley which has far more to do and the food is considerably better

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Worth a visit if you've not been before, kids will love it!

Is it the best in the region? Probably not no but it's by no means the worst. It's an enjoyable family day out where everyone will have fun.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Worth a visit. Lots more to do other than just seeing animals luckily as there's not a massive amount of animals. Suitable for rainy days and dry as the play barn is great fun. It's a make your own fun kind of place if you want to get the most out of it. It was a very quiet day when we were there which made it even better. Wasn't fond of the I've rink as its more dangerous than fun. Other than the place needing a bit of a make over as everything looks a bit old it is good fun and not too expensive in comparison to places like it.

2  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Loads of things for the kids to do! Can feed the animals for £1 a bag which is worth the money as the kids love it. You get to pet all the animals and brush the donkeys hair. There is plenty of things to do from jumping pillows to swings in the hay barn. The soft play is a great place to relax while the kids have fun and even have a small area for the younger children. Would recommend a visit.

1  Thank bh2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Visited today and was very shocked at how run down it was.

The animal petting consisted of a grumpy woman setting 3 very disheveled guinea pigs on the kids laps then leaving. They plonked 2 rabbits out on the table and an enormous dog. There was no talking to the kids about the animals.

We walked through to the parrots to see a group of birds in cages. The birds looked dull and miserable. The bamboo bushes at either end of the room haven't seen water since summer 2016.

The giant inflatable slide which the kids loved last year wasn't on because it wasn't raining. Outside were peddle go karts, 2 of which were missing peddles and the other two hadn't see an oil can in years so were impossible to move.

The woodland walk - dreadful. Dark wood with a few hens which looked like they needed freeing.

A fort built out of left over wood and scaffolding poles. The metal poles had been sawed and the jagged metal edges finished off with silicone filler.

All topped off with the beautiful surroundings of old rotting helicopters and fire engine with smashed windows.

2  Thank Emma C
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Visited today with my partner and 4 year old daughter, we arrived about 130pm and left around 4pm.
It cost £7 each to get in with the Facebook offer and the gentleman on the front was very friendly and explained everything to us, it had been raining just before arrival so we were lucky as we got to use the giant indoor slide which was so much fun, I think I enjoyed it more than my daughter although I got a friction burn on my arm but that was my own fault as I jumped which was against the rules, the outside bouncing pillow opened shortly after which my daughter really enjoyed but I didn't go on.
We went on the go karts which were also loads of fun and have a nice little track to go around, and smaller go karts for little kids.
The giant outdoor slide was an interesting and fun experience with inflatable rings to sit on but I think if there was a queue line for this it would make it much better because people were just running at rings as soon as people got to the bottom it was a little chaotic.
The woodland walkway was a bit pointless really but would imagine it is better at Christmas when all lit up.

The animal petting barn was nice and the lady in there telling us about the animals was lovely, we really enjoyed feeding the Shetland pony.

We didn't eat but noticed a chip butty was £2.45 which I thought sounded quite reasonable. Pepsi was £1.70 and fruit shoot £1.30

Yes the place could do with a bit of tlc but I get the feeling the place is struggling a bit as it was pretty quiet today, however for only £7 each for a day out you can't complain and I really hope people give it a try.

We only stayed 2 and a half hours but could easily have stayed a few more, my daughter and myself had lots of fun, my partner did not but she's boring so it's hardly mini moos fault.

Look at it this way you pay around £5 for most soft play only attractions these days so for only a couple of pound more you get the soft play plus loads more.

2  Thank phillip b
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Good place to visit for a morning out. My 7 year old boy loved it! He thought the massive castle was brilliant. The animal barn has a worker explaining about the animals. The interaction with the animals is very hands on. My son loved the giant helicopter. He also loved the outdoor slide. Overall not a bad price for a mornings fun. Nice to support a local attraction.

3  Thank conA19
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Visited Minni moos today with 5 young children and had a brilliant time. Lots there to keep everyone happy and busy. The animals appeared in good health and well cared for. Spoke to the owner who is genuinely lovely man and he has lots of plans to improve the place and to develop a Christmas attraction but sadly the farm is struggling to make ends meet and the owner needs the public to get behind him and give the van a much Mercedes-Benz boost. I will definitely be recommending the farm to my friends.