“Never again”

Days Inn Durham
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Durham
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

What a dirty, filthy hotel!! I will never stay here again, we have taken photos as its unbelievable!! And then to get wokeb early in the morning by foreign voices shouting down the corridor!! Its no wonder that you have no one on reception in the mornings, i wouldnt want to be asking people if they had a nice stay in this hell hole!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Denise B, Manager at Days Inn Durham, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Myself and the team here at Days Inn Durham endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. The housekeeping team work to high standards and regularly get compliments on how clean the rooms are and again apologise to you as this does not seem to be the case in this incident. The rooms are undergoing refurbishment in stages and hopefully this will be completed soon.
I apologise that you had been woken early by the noise from other guests, and the night reception have undergone re-training because of this and hopefully this won't happen again.

If you would like to contact me directly please email durham@daysinnrc.co.uk

Denise Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Skipton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Days Inn on a Tuesday night. I checked in at just gone three, and checked out the next day at 10.30am. The staff were very approachable, informative and carrying,concerned that I had a good stay, and provided me with two contact numbers should I need them. I slept well, refreshed for the next day. I shall certainly stay again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Denise B, General Manager at Days Inn Durham, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your review of Days Inn Durham. I know the whole team are delighted with your kind praise, and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back here very soon.
Denise
Wickford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night. Very quiet, clean and tidy.

As you expect very standard accommodation but good value if you can get the room rate at the right price.

No place adjacent for a evening meal but a couple of pubs are in easy driving distance.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff
I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Durham soon and thank you again for your review.
Denise Brown
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were booked into this hotel as it was Graduation week & no room was available near to NS&I office by the river.
We arrived & booked into our rooms I was in 8. The staff were friendly & very helpful but no food was available here only McDonalds or Costa Coffee on the services.
The room was a good size with a comfy bed but believe me unless you are travelling further north & resting your head there is nothing to do here but get bored. 3 miles into Durham £13 taxi.
Work paid £60 a night for the room personally I think they were overcharged for the facilities.

Room Tip: 8 looks onto services but I heard nothing at all noise wise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We arrived at the hotel having spent a very pleasant day at the Christmas Fayre in Durham deciding to stay rather than driving back to Leicester late at night. The hotel receptionist was very pleasant and efficent, the room was fine. At about 19.00 a group of people arrived at the hotel, banging doors shouting and playing music loudly. We contacted the reception desk at 20.30 to log a complaint and were told they would sort it out and that the party were going out at 21.30 so would be spoken to, the noise continued until half of them left at 21.30 the remaining ones were slightly quieter . At 02.00 when the group returned to the hotel they beganwith doors being banged ,kicked, loud music playing , this lead to other guests banging on walls and shouting , and ranting outside the hotel. This situation continued until 04.30 when people started leaving. Nothing was done by the hotel nobody was available in the morning when we left at 09.00 and they haven't replied to any emails we have sent. Avoid this hotel at all costs

Dissatisfied of Leicester

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard S

Travelers are raving about these Durham hotels

Coalville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I always rate my experiences compared to what I was expecting beforehand. Staying at a Days Inn just off the A1 at a service station, I wasn't expecting much at all and chose the place for the convenience of being right on the A1 for an early morning journey into South Shields the following morning. However the place really did the job and provided me with a good nights sleep before the Great North Run the day after.

The afternoon we checked in, there was only one member of staff on reception who seemed to have the job of receptionist, security and cleaner! Considering this was probably their busiest weekend of the year because of the Great North Run, more staff should have been put on to help this person out. However I'm not rating down my experience because of this as it didn't affect our stay in any way, and this person could not have been more helpful considering the obvious stress they were under.

Beware if booking through certain websites that the hotel itself does not offer breakfast, contrary to suggesting that it is available at £7.50 which will be added to your bill. All the hotel offers is a £7.50 voucher for £10 worth of food at the adjoining service station which contains a 24hr McDonalds and a Costa which that weekend at least opened at 6am. This may not be what you are expecting so beware.

Overall, an excellent stay for one night with nothing at all to complain about.

Room Tip: At the moment, I'm told the ground was the only floor not affected by the water damage so probab...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were down for the cricket and really only needed somewhere to put our head down for the night but even for that I would t recommend it.
The initial booking was mixed up by them and then again on arrival. After sorting it out we were given a room with a dirty shower head, filthy bath and broken lights.
On arrival there were a number of people drinking vodka outside and again at 8.30 am when we left on the Sunday. We were told by out taxi driver immigrants are stayin there whilst working down the road and have been there for weeks.Didn't feel particularly comfortable leaving anything of any value in the room as it was a flimsy lock ad intercom to get in either didn't work or they just let anyone in.
I feel totally aggrieved to have paid 70 pound for a nights stay there.

• Stayed August 2013
Denise B, General Manager at Days Inn Durham, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Days Inn Durham we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. We cannot apologise enough over the mix up on your reservation, we have been recovering from major water damage in the hotel over the summer and whilst renovation has been going on we have been able to offer a short term accommodation agreement to a Polish based engineering firm. Unfortunately there looks as though there has been some misunderstanding with the taxi company that you used during your stay. We can confirm the engineer’s staying here are highly skilled and the group you witnessed does not bare a reflection on the group that are staying with us.
We hope the renovations will be finished by the end of year, however I have attached some photos of how the rooms will look.
Again please accept our apologies and please get in touch by email at durham@daysinnrc.co.uk as I’ll be happy to offer you a complement stay.