1,815 results
All reviews leisure club the river elvet bridge the hotel car park leisure centre excellent location per night steam room public areas central location reception staff beautiful city buffet style superior room stayed for one night breakfast was excellent town centre
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

Brilliant area Durham has so many attractions in a area that has beamish museum and local historical sites . Can’t understand why Durham has so few visitors. Nice hotel , made your party welcome . Not 5 star .

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Very straight forward with no fluff hotel. Rooms are clean and efficient , great Tv’s . Shower was not good both power wise and dial wise. Cldnt get the right temperature. Breakfast was fine. Staff are incredibly nice friendly and helpful. Could be a little cheaper in my view. Location perfect for Durham right in the center !!!

Date of stay: October 2017
DurhamMarriottRoyal, Manager at Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to read that the shower in your room was not to your satisfaction. Hopefully we can improve your experience next time you visit Durham where our team look forward to being of service to you once more.
Regards
The Management Team

Reviewed October 24, 2017

We arrived by train, the hotel is in a good central location and the staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel is quite worn. Our room was small but adequate and nice and clean. We were annoyed to have booked a twin but only a double bed was available when we checked in. We chose not to have breakfast at the hotel as the queue in the morning was very long. Overall this hotel is fine but could certainly improve.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to read that we were unable to fulfil your room request and that there was a wait for breakfast. We do hope that we may improve your experience should your travels bring you back to Durham in the near future.
Regards
The Management Team

Reviewed October 24, 2017

My colleagues and I returned to the Royal,County to visit the uni after a couple of years. I really like this hotel and the location is excellent, however I feel the rooms are a little dated and the bathroom definitely was. There was slight mould in the bathroom which I hate and the grouting needed refreshing. However, I loved the big comfy bed. The staff were exceptionally welcoming and friendly and we were greeted by a glass of complimentary wine. The leisure club is nice but the jacuzzi was not working which is a shame. I am not sure that the hotel is good value for money but we had a nice stay with a more than adequate help,yourself breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Marriott just does things right. Sure, every hotel has its flaws but I've rarely had an issue and if so, it's fixed straight away. This was a lovely room and although I've found it a bit cold (older hotel?), there was a free standing heater in my room awaiting my arrival...perhaps they're aware of the issue? Heating turned up full did help although, I wouldn't say it was blisteringly hot.

• Trip type: Traveled on business