2,798 results
All reviews rib room golf course fusion restaurant steak golf break golf club new wing premier room reception staff huge bed cooked to perfection evening meal birthday treat great night four poster fantastic stay steam room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here as a spa treat for my retirement. It was amazing. I had booked treatments and we were late for them. However they managed to still fit us all in which was great. They really went out of their way to help. Treatments were fabulous, the quiet area has to be experienced to be believed. Spa facilities were excellent. Not overcrowded like other places I've been to. Outside heated pool is great. Then we went to fusion for our meal. Food was gorgeous, again staff went out of their way to help and support us. Bedrooms are stunning, with huge bathroom areas, we had upgraded, I'm glad we did. Breakfast the next morning in the car very, great all the usual breakfast items in offer. Very helpful staff throughout from reception staff, poolside waiters, restaurant manager, to staff cleaning the rooms. Staff appear happy, which is good.
Would highly recommend if in the area, even if not, it is worth travelling to.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Gorgeous setting. The room was bright and spacious. The bed was really comfortable and the ensuite was functional. One problem which can be overcome the bath side was tall and I needed help to get in. My husband is over six foot so he had no problem. The bath came up to my waist. Just to warn you if you have little legs like me. The food was OK I have had better and I have had worse. The staff were excellent. Overall a really good stay.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a business traveller the hotel didn't greatly meet my needs, charging points in the rooms (particularly bedside) were lacking, and the lack of overhead lights (lamps only) was disappointing and made it hard to work in the evenings. Staff are ok, but it does seem to be different people whenever I visit, with the associated lack of knowledge over how to deal with different situations. Check-out on a recent occasion took about 15 minutes due to an inexperienced staff member.

On one visit I was woken up throughout the night due to boisterous groups leaving the bar - rooms near the carvery are not worth having!

Breakfast opens at 0700, and each day there seems to be a decent amount of people at opening - likely because it's a bit late. If you're off travelling to somewhere else or wanting to work early it's an issue.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the carvery, go near the spa and on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have just returned from a relaxing golfing break at Ramside Hall. Excellent golf courses, a lovely spa, and great meals in the Fusion Restaurant and Rib Room all made the experience special. All staff were very attentive.After leaving the hotel we realised we’d left an item behind in the safe in our room. Receptionists Sarah and Suzanne and the housekeeper Carol sorted the problem straight away. Many thanks.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Admit the grounds are impressive and the hotel looks good, that’s where it stops. Customer service not good, if you don’t pay £1 deposit via a bank card they won’t give you any room keys, they won’t accept cash and I didn’t have my bank card on me so I couldn’t check in. Basically all they want is your banking details, I don’t know of any other hotel anywhere that has this ridiculous policy. Had to return 3 hours later with my bank card to check in. WiFi is appalling, signal very very poor and keeps dropping out, not good if you are here on business and trying to work. Rooms are clean but very dated and poorly lit. Hotel can be very noisy with banging doors and sound proofing between rooms is non existent. Parking can be difficult and you can find yourself quite a distance from the hotel itself, not good if you are carrying luggage etc. You can’t get into the restaurants without booking in advance, not good. Place is ok but not all it’s made out to be.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank carmstrong1
Tim B, General Manager at Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon carmstrong1
Thank you for your review, I am sorry to read your experience. We do send your booking confirmation with explanation on what is required at check in and we do mention in the confirmation we suggest you book a table as our restaurants get extremely busy, I apologise if this was not clear for you. I will discuss the Wi-Fi with our supplier. We appreciate all feedback and will discuss with my operations manager. We hope you will come to stay again soon.

Kind regards