“2013 Adventure Valley” 5 of 5 bubbles

Adventure Valley
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Durham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The North East's biggest Family Adventure Park. Over 50 activities attractions and shows. Indoor play areas, animal encounters, outdoor adventures.
durham
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“2013 Adventure Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited Adventure Valley today and thought it was fantastic! It wasnt a great day weather wise (1 degree) but the children had lots of fun. The animals were great and there was lots of things to do for most ages. The was an indoor food area with a play barn right beside. The food wasnt too expensive and was good. Staff were very attentive and helpful when needed. I would definatley go again but it wouldnt be a regular thing as I found the admission prices very expensive.

Essex
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“a lovely day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We took our 9 month old and seven year old grand children for the day and had a wonderful time! The entrance fee is very reasonable and there are loads of attractions both inside and out. My grand daughter loved the HUGE soft play area. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and were very happy to answer endless questions. The cafe got rather busy at lunch time and was a little expensive but no more than you would expect. We took a picnic and found plenty of places to sit and eat.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Superb”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family & I were very impressed with this place. Why?

- Website shows price of coin-operated machines (an odd way to start a positive review, but I think it shows an open, honest attitude).

- Soft-play area was clean.

- It was staffed by grown-ups. Not that I've ever had an issue with any teenager who worked at any soft-play area I've visited, but seeing staff a bit older driving tractors etc. just helped my confidence in the place.

- Everything we saw worked and was well-maintained.

- Schedule of activities clearly displayed.

Visited February 2013
Amanda K, Public Relations Manager at Adventure Valley, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Vince,

Thanks for taking the time to write up your review on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, the whole team will be delighted with your review, which I will be sure to pass on!

Thanks again, hope to welcome you back to Adventure Valley soon!
Newcastle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A great family day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Today was the first time we've visited Adventure Valley. I purchased a voucher on Living Social for £16 which entitled us to entry for 2 adults and 2 children plus 2 adult hot drinks and 2 children's cold drinks ( the cost of this without the voucher would have been £37). We had a lovely day out. Visiting, were me, my husband our 6 year old daughter and our 3 year old son.

We spent just over 4 hours here and could have easy stayed longer. Our children really enjoyed the various activities - though I do feel this is due to their age, rather than the fact that the different attractions are particularly dynamic. On the whole we had a lovely day and the children enjoyed feeding the animals. We felt that there were a lot of things that were free that we have seen charged extra for in other places. These included the tyre slide, tractor/trailer ride, go kart bikes and the pillow jumps (like trampolines).

The one let down for the animal attractions are the young staff who showed barely any interest in the children, adults or animals. Two of the young girls openly talked about their previous night out to each other rather than interacting with the families.

I think if we had paid full price I would not have been so positive but as it only cost us £16.00 it was money well spent and we had a lovely day.

Hi Evapops!

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, we always love to see out guest's comments!

All comments and the issue raised have been passed on to our staff and dealt with accordingly.

I am glad that you and your family have enjoyed your visit to Adventure Valley and we hope to see you back again soon!

Thanks
Glasgow, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Entertained for Hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Having had the opportunity to go to Durham for the weekend. I immediatly decided that this place would be our first stop to entertain my 18mth old daughter. We arrived at 10:20am on a friday morning and found the car park very quiet. When we made our way inside, the girl on the front desk was very friendly and helpful and gave us lots of advice about the park.
Being a wet & miserable February morning a few of the attractions weren't available but that wasn't an issue as my daughter was probably too young for most of them.
First stop for us was the soft play area. One side of the room has the under 5 sections and the other side has a huge soft play area & go kart area. My daughter was quite happy in the toddler area for about an hour before she got bored and decided the big area was a better idea. being quiet this was ok as i felt it was safe enough for her to climb about in.
After a while, i decided it was time for us to venture outside armed with our wellies. We took a walk down to the bottom of the park to see & feed some of the animals & splash in the puddles. There are play areas outside and lots to do for slightly older children.
We then went up to the animal barn and clapped and fed some cute little goats and even a Llama! My daughter was a bit unsure at first but soon came around to being near the animals and was a great way to introduce her to such big animals.
After all this exploring, we ventured back to the soft play area & cafe for some tea & toast. Other reviewers have mentioned that it was pricey but i didn't think that at all. Eat is £1.50 which is expensive but the food didn't seem pricey at all.
Entry into the park cost me £5.95 and my daughter being under 2 got in free so i was happy to spend some money going on the "quad" bikes and go karts with her which are £1 a go but you get quite a few laps of the track for that money. we finally left the park at 2pm and that was only because we had somewhere to be. otherwise we might have stayed even longer.
If i was in the North East again, i'd definetly head back here for an afternoon. Despite being in the middle of a muddy farm, the soft play was spotless!
Only downsides i'd point out is, its very close to Low Newton Prison which im sure isn't a problem (female prison) but was a bit off putting driving up the road & also the driveway into the park itself is in very bad condition & i was terrified of bursting a tyre or damaging my car

Dear Lynsey

Many thanks for all of your comments regarding your visit to Adventure Valley! Myself and the team were pleased to read such an in depth review!
After such horrible weather with the snowy conditions, you will be happy to know that we have worked on our driveway and you no longer have to dodge the potholes!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Adventure Valley in the near future!
Kind regards