“Open all hours... Well almost”
Review of Rajpooth

Rajpooth
Ranked #27 of 326 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dh1 1qt
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Admittedly this restaurant isn't overly flash to look at. However the staff are always friendly and pleasant and the food is a good quality. Generally we come here later on at night, about eleven or so and there is always a steady stream of customers coming in. A good choice for post theatre goers.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

It was my first visit to the Rajpooth and it won't be my last. Great food, great service. Overall experience excellent.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Probably the best Indian in Durham. Food excellent, good value and never had a bad meal there yet in many a year.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I've been with my partner (as well as in larger groups) a number of times to Rajpooth and have always found the food to be delicious and the staff to be friendly and attentive.

However, this review isn't to do with eating in. On Thursdays and Sundays they do a 5 course meal for about £10. That includes a starter, a main, a side, a naan and rice (there's a limited number of mains, we like dopiaza and they charge £1 extra for that and any others not specified in the deal). If you collect it yourself it's about £9 and we got this a number of times over the summer and they always threw in a beer and a couple of free poppadoms, I imagine to keep our custom before the students arrive back. This weekend we got it again thinking there'd be no freebies as it would be packed however for £23 we got:
- 2 onion bhaji starters
- 1 lamb dopiaza/1 chicken dopiaza
- 2 mushroom pilau
- 2 Bombay aloo
- 2 garlic naans
- 4 poppadoms
- about 6 dips
- a kingfisher & a few dessert mints

Great to see them not forget loyal customers!! Looking forward to next Sunday!!

One thing. Please please please rajpooth put your menu up on the Internet somewhere along with the 5 course special menu!!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I visted durham last friday to see my wifes family and they took me to the Rajpooth tandoori restraunt. The food was great, the service was superb and the price was very reasonable.