“Nice night out”
Review of Cosy Club

Cosy Club
Ranked #69 of 381 Restaurants in Durham
Description: Quirky, eccentric and playful the Cosy Club offers informal casual dining, drinking and lounging in a homely and family friendly environment. 'Think gents club meets village hall meets cricket pavilion.'
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my friend tried the Cosy club for a Friday night meal. We got our table pretty quickly, the decor in the bar/restaurant was quirky and fun. It was quite noisy but it didn’t spoil our time there catching up. We had olives and bread to share then my friend had the super food bowl with halloumi. She really enjoyed it, the only thing she would have changed is a riper avacado. I had the buttermilk chicken which was lovely with a nice spicy kick to it. The peroni beer came in ice glasses but made puddles on the table so a mat or serviette would be ideal. We both had dessert which was lovely, we can recommend the chocolate bomb and the chocolate brownie! All the staff were really friendly.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went on Saturday for lunch it was busy and really noisey took ages to get served we all had tapas which was very average wouldn't hurry back better places to eat in Durham

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A new addition to Durham on the newly developed Riverwalk. Access is via stairs or a lift, which opens out to a large and comfortable bar area, restaurant and terrace. Some tables have views of the riverside and the Castle, with the Cathedral tower behind.
I liked that there were vegetarian selections, and a separate vegan menu. On this visit (my second) I chose tapas from the vegan menu. It was a reasonable size portion, but not so good if very hungry. For desert I tried the amazing melting chocolate bombe. The staff were very helpful and gave great recommendations and advice. We were not rushed, and had time to sit and chat, if the restaurant had been busier, we could have moved to the bar area but it was mid week, early evening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and the girlfriend had a wonderful meal! The food was excellent and well portioned. We had the tapas as a starter which was amazing! The food also came out pretty quick which was a bonus as I was starving. We were served by a really friendly and welcoming young man called Matt (I think) that was the name on the bill saying name of server. But anyway he was so friendly and professional! They made a little mistake on the drink my girlfriend ordered but Matt fixed it right away and told us about the company policy they have. The mains were also amazing! I had chicken breast which was so good and when I ordered it the waiter notified me that it takes around 20-22 minutes to cook which is not a problem at all because it was so good anyway! My girlfriend had the lamb skewers which were also amazing and a very big portion. For desert I had cheesecake unfortunately they didn’t have any salted caramel cheesecake left (my favourite) but they had a wonderful lemon cheesecake instead. After we paid up we moved through to the bar area and had drinks and a laugh the atmosphere is so warm and welcoming it’s so comfortable to just have a drink and relax. We played party charades and Matt the waiter was really interested in it as well haha! He said it looks fun and it is when you have had a drink! But in total it was an amazing night. Can’t fault the night 1 little bit. Thank you cozy club for a good night ☺️

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We decided to pop out to eat on a Monday night and were steered via recommendation to the cosy club. Great decor, great staff, cool vibe and the best lamb kebab I have eaten outside of Africa. Kudos to the interior designer and the impeccably dressed staff who make the experience extra special.