“fantastic food and great prices, will be going back very soon”
Review of Valentino's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2012

went to the new ricardos at lanchester, it used to be valentinos, but my favourite restaurant from durham city is now in lanchester, the food is fantastic, the prices very competitive, very cosy warm feeling, helpful staff, just like i remember from durham, im glad they are back, i used to go to ricardos every week with friends from university, but now there in lanchester its just round the corner from me, wow the food is so tasty, my wife had the chicken lorna and i had the meat canaloni, soooo good, see you soon ricardos, welcome back

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We go to Valentinos regularly as it is reasonably local. Take friends and relatives when they stay with us in County Durham. The quality, value, ambience are always excellent. We'd recommend it to anyone it the Durham, Consett, Lanchester areas.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Ive been to Valentinos lots of times over the last couple of years and have never had a bad meal yet. The only snag ive been met with was when Ive gone there with a large party on a weekend and they seem to struggle badly when busy. I tend to go during the week for the tea time specials and cant go past the pollo pizza which I always get garlic on as an extra. Their pizzas are to die for and the potato skins arent bad either. The atmosphere is quite bright and modern not your typical italians and I would like them to play some authentic italian music instead of the stuff they usually play but all in all for good food, a decent bottle of house white and good service (when not busy) you cant get better than Valentinos, Lanchester.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

i went here with my family and friends and it was one of the best meals i have ever had! i had a barbeque chicken pizza and it was cooked to perfection. The staff were friendly and the food got there quickly all my family and my friends loved it especially my wife!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Having been to this restaurant many times over the years whilst living in Lanchester, it had always been lovely, always busy and good value. Hadn't been for a while as we have moved, but called in one lunch time when in the village and my word things have changed. I am not a fan of the change in decor, I kind of liked the old rustic bistro type theme, the new interior looks like a cross between an Ikea store and someones front room.
The service was cold and unfriendly and there was zero atmosphere in the place with only one other couple on a Sunday lunchtime. The food was awful, my husbands canelloni, (which was always his firm favourite here) was inedible, a mess of soggy pancake filled with gritty bland meat, floating in a creamy sauce which, when I tried it, tasted of soured milk - Yuk! He sent it back and the waiter looked like he really didn't care. My pizza was ok, but undercooked and missing the 'stonebaked' finish on the base.
Not really sure what to say, hoped we caught them on a bad day, but sadly from word of mouth and other reviews on here, is seems what was a gem of a place has seriously gone downhill. Now that other places have opened for food in the village I think they need to up their game to compete.