“My most frequently visited Thai restaurant.”
Review of Zen

Zen
Ranked #13 of 319 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My fourth visit to the Restaurant, most recently on a First Date with my girlfriend. Chose this restaurant to make a very good impression - and it did not fail to do so. Boking was quickly and efficiently taken over the phone prior to the meal, and we were shown to a table immediately on arrival. Choice of cocktails was vast for my partner, and she complimented on her 'Champagne Mojito' being one of the best Mojito's she had ever experienced. Our order was taken quickly and our shared starter arrived beautifully presented in a Wicker Basket very speedily. The mixture of tastes within the dish were a first time experience for my self confessed 'picky eater' of a girlfriend, however not a scrap was left. Our mains also did not disappoint. Due to the vast selection, I have always tried to experience a different dish on every visit to the restaurant, and my 'Giggling Prawn' was the perfect mixture of fresh seasonable veg along with the freshest top quality seafood. My girlfiend's noodle dish als went down a treat, and the only reson anything was left on the plate to take away was due to the generous portions we both recieved. My payment was taken by card swiftly and securely by a wireless PIN machine, and although in the more expensive range of restaurants I can afford to visit - definitely worth every penny!!!

1  Thank ChristopherStones
Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Me and my partner went here on one of our first dates. Very nice décor and layout. Staff were more than friendly and attended to us straight away. I ordered a champagne Mojito and it was one of the bet mojito's I had tasted. Very nice. We ordered food and within a short space of time it arrived. It was very tasty and the smells that fill the restaurant are unbelievable. Our mains were also faultless and would definitely go back again. As for a few comments on being overpriced? ...You pay for what you get I'd say. Very good standard across the board!

2  Thank Melody B
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went to Zen on a friday evening it was busy and I was pleased we had made a reservation. Staff were pleasant and if anything too attentive as they kept repeating things like "do you need drinks" etc. However meal was lovely not the cheapest but very good quality and I felt it was freshly prepared. No complaints lovely evening. We had the shared stater and then my wife had the monkfish I had green thai curry. Bill was about £46 with one glass of wine.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Zen for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. This was our first visit amazing food, service was fantastic and lovely atmosphere. When I called to book I mentioned it was our anniversary and they said although they were busy they would try their best to get us a good table. We will be back would highly recommend think one of the best meals we have had.

1  Thank Siobhan P
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Service and presentation was excellent but I thought the food was pretty average. Perhaps I might have just made the wrong menu choice but was less than impressed.

1  Thank HamishUrquhart