TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,390 results
All reviews business class the river business room free drinks car park city centre standard room modern hotel good size mini bar sauna and steam room junior suite leisure facilities per night bars and restaurants poached eggs fantastic hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Be warned if you are going on foot from Durham station to the Radisson you must follow the road signs to the hotel as it appears to want to take you in the opposite direction. This is correct as there is no way of getting to the lower road which leads to the hotel. Google maps will take you a way you cannot get to the hotel. You can see the hotel from the bridge over the River Weir but there is no access down.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
StuartLl, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear P_S_Chapman,
Thanks for taking the time to review your visit and it's great to know that you enjoyed the hotel and location, I hope we can be of service again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed one night and while it was clean and comfy it lacks atmosphere and I thought was a bit impersonal. I could put up with this but when I was charged £9.50 for a glass of wine I thought how can they justify that ? I ordered fish and chips at the bar, nothing startling, a bowl of very pale chips, fish, no garnish, no attempt to make it look appealing. I was surprised as other Radissons I’ve stayed in have been spot on.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear robmac1957,
Whilst it's great to know you were comfortable during your stay it is a shame that there was that personal touch lacking in your experience. We'll endeavour to work on this and hope that you'll give us another opportunity when visiting Durham.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Always have a relaxing time, and breakfast in bed is a bonas, the staff are so helpful and the rooms are so comfortable. And having Durham city to explore is great. The price is great also great value

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear karenc,
It's great to read you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and thank you for taking the time to compliment our team. We do hope to be of service again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location, 15 minutes walk from Durham Cathedral, restaurants, pubs etc.
Reliable (predictable) levels of hygene, etc. that people obsess about so fine if that's your thing.
Friendly and courteous staff. Check-in rather slow but that's not the staff's fault.
An independent cafe selling breakfasts of this tired quality wouldn't stay in business very long.
Safe, dull, corporate. Depends what floats your boat I suppose.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear John W,
I'm pleased you found the location suitable for your needs and thank you for complimenting the team.
I hope we can be of service again on a future visit to Durham city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to the Radisson for a night away and a meal in the restaurant. Spa/pool very nice. Room was spacious and the receptionist upgraded us. However, the restaurant was very poor. We were on a deal but if I paid £16.50 for a burger and chips I would have been extremely unhappy. I had to return my food twice as the staff kept giving me the wrong order. Unfortunately the service was extremely bad. We waited ages to order, ages for the food and had to constantly ask them for an update. It’s the first time in a restaurant where I have seen 4 tables all complaining about the food and service at the same time. Certainly training issues. Spoke to the blonde girl on reception and she was very apologetic and nice ( she gave me a couple of drink vouchers ). I would stay at the hotel again but definitely not return to the restaurant.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear MorganHo,
Thanks for your feedback and it is pleasing that you enjoyed the hotel. I'm sorry your restaurant experience didn't meet expectations and I know the team will want to address any feedback of this nature promptly.
I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.
Regards,