“Excellent Location”

Radisson Blu Hotel Durham
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Durham on Saturday and overall was very pleasantly surprised as I was expecting being disturbed through the night with "hen & stag" night revellries which did not happen (all credit to those young 'uns who stayed there)!! Lovely Receptionists, nice bar area, good breakfast and excellently situated so close to the city centre. My grumbles were that although our room was lovely with a smashing view over the river, the carpet was badly stained in places and I had to ask for more toilet rolls. Will not hesitate to stay there again though.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Louise T, Front Office Service Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your review of the hotel
I apologise that there appeared to be stain on the carpet in your room. I will pass the feedback directly to our housekeeping team so corrective action can be taken immediately.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel very shortly!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The Radison in Durham is in a perfect location close to all amenties. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the receptionist especially helpful in giving us a map of the area and recommending restaurants and bars. Will definatley go back to this hotel for another romantic weekend break.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your excellent 5* review
I'm happy you enjoyed your romantic weekend and hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel is situated on the bank of the river, and just across the adjacent bridge, is the bus stop for the city if you don't fancy the short (but uphill) walk into the centre. In the Radisson tradition, the hotel is a modern and welcoming, and the rooms are large, clean, well decorated and very comfortable. The Restaurant has an Italian theme and the food is acceptable.
The downside of this hotel is the cost of the parking on site, but if you decide to travel by train, the rail station is within 5 minutes of the hotel, making it a perfect hotel for a weekend break.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the river are on the 'sunny side' - no extra charge, but you would need to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelLife100

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel
I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Radisson Blu is a really smart hotel with great leisure and dining facilities. The room I stayed in was bright and clean with a great view of the river. The lounge area is modern, comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel
I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked this hotel for a wedding we were attending at Bowburn Hall and this was the closest location with rooms still available. When we arrived there was no car parking spaces available so had to park in a non designated area and upon check in we were told there was no booking in our name. I had booked through Superbreak so whether this is a fault of there's or the Radisson it's not something you expect from companies if their calibre, had I not had a print out of my booking confirmation or proof I imagine we would have had to pay. The room was spacious and had everything we needed and the reception booked us a taxi through a local company. Breakfast is busy so don't expect to be seated straight away,staff were friendly but it took over 15 minutes for a special of poached eggs (1 egg!!) to be brought to the table. We didn't use any of the other facilities but we did check out the pool and it looked lovely. Upon checkout we were asked to the pay for the room and explained the mix up from the night before, because of this the guy on reception didn't charge us for overnight parking. All in all nice facilities and good location but apparently rubbish systems.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel
I apologise for the niggles you faced during your stay with us, especially the busy car park and the delay on your breakfast specials. I am pleased, however, that you enjoyed your stay overall and hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I choosed Radisson because I like modern nordic style in hotels (no baroque, old fashioned and decadent luxury hotel); booked by phone at last second, 2 rooms for me, wife and son; everything was fine; in addition a second day was possible also for the professional kindness of receptionist.
Rooms were clean, big, essential and quiet.
Tried the italian restaraunt too: above average for english standards, but not "truly" italian
I think it's best hotel in Durham.

Room Tip: ask room a little away from elevators: they keep announcing floor and "up/down"
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I'm thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your stay enough to extend it for an extra night.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Afternoon tea served from 10.30 to 5.00 a great idea. The sandwiches really fresh, the scones both cheese and fruit were warm and fresh, and although the tarts and cakes looked delicious we really didnt manage to do them justice!
Would have liked another coffee included in the price as I dont drink tea but I suppose its the same everywhere.
Well done Radisson Blu ...will come back soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda H
Louise T, Front Office Service Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Durham, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

I'm happy that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea with us and hope you'll come back to visit us shortly!