“Perfect Country Retreat”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Winterste...
Salzburg, Austria
“Perfect Country Retreat”
Reviewed April 11, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

A beautifully peaceful location but still close enough to Barnstaple town.
The cottage has amazing views over the Devon countryside.
Very clean!
Recieved such a warm welcome from owners Victoria and Mark.
Would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2018

katena902...
County Kerry, Ireland
“A little piece of heaven”
Reviewed April 11, 2018 for a stay in September 2017

Such a lovely place! Excellent accommodation clean, warm and very welcoming. Such a perfect place to explore the beautiful country side. I wish I could have stayed longer and will definitely be back.

jflucas29
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Peaceful and relaxing hide away!”
Reviewed April 10, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Just what the doctor ordered. A quiet and peaceful self catered hide away in the remote hills of North Devon.
Beautiful views across the countryside and you can even see the sea in the distance.
Victoria couldn’t be more helpful with any advice I needed for shopping/sight seeing and walks but otherwise left me to my own devices to relax and recharge batteries.
Highly recommend and will return later this year!

Reviewed September 2, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Garry a
“Excellant”
Reviewed May 28, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This was just what we needed a short break.in beautiful Devon, peaceful and relaxing in lovely accomodation

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
FellowTra...
“A most pleasant and peaceful place for a short break.”
Reviewed April 29, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

The location is absolutely superb, with lovely views from the garden. Although situated in a quiet lane in rolling countryside the property is only a couple of miles from Barnstaple. A great area for hiking along the rugged coast or for cycling along the traffic free Tarka trail. The property was immaculately clean and we had a most comfortable three days there. Many thanks to Victoria for a welcoming gift of delicious scones, fresh cream and strawberry jam also for half a dozen eggs!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Abi G
Luton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage but little disappointed.”
Reviewed November 7, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

First of all I must say that Victoria was helpful when it came to rebooking my holiday at late notice due to a broken foot, extra £100 paid was paid for this change however.
On arrival we found the cottage was sadly quite dirty, however on contacting Victoria she spent her partner Mark to clean the bathroom again where there were numerous hairs everywhere. The second day bought a plight of flies in the sky light where it had been left open by perhaps previous holiday makers; at least 20 flies in the skylight. Again this was rectified by Mark. Sadly me and my partner did not get a single relaxing morning due to building works commending literally right outside the bedroom window on a separate property at 8am every weekday morning and often earlier. Also unbeknownst to ourselves, the owners property is very close to the cottage , and the family and children have to walk past the house to leave/enter. Again this could prove noisy during school runs early in the morning. sadly the relaxing holiday I had been looking forward to was spoilt somewhat by the loud building works all day throughout the week. Because of this me and my partner opted to spend as little time in the otherwise cosy cottage as we would have liked. I really don't like leaving bad reviews however in this instance I was disappointed and had been looking forward to the much needed break for a long time. To credit Victoria she did come and apologise for the building works but this does not stop them from happening. Almost £500 for a week off peak that was sadly disappointing, sorry.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Nov 8, 2016
I'm so sorry to read your review. I just want to say that I was advised not to offer you another weeks holiday after you wanted to cancel a few days before your trip but I understood your were upset and wanted to do my best for you. Due to the terms and conditions you sign up too with Trip Advisor you must cancel 6 weeks before travel. I did feel extremely sorry for you though breaking your foot so I offered you the whole week only at a cost of £100 (not nearly £500) which is extremely low for a weeks holiday.
The problems of the bathroom and the flys were immediately rectified and again I'm sorry this happened but I'm sorry you feel this way.
Again, with it being off season this is when we can allow work in neighbouring buildings so I'm very sorry that it affected your stay.
Kindest regards
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing