“Moules Fritte - my favourite”
Review of Zenas Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zenas Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Nothing beats a touch of local flavour, especially when it comes to our food. Our produce is sourced from local producers and suppliers, so you'll see only the freshest food makes it to your plate at The Courtyard.
Devon, United Kingdom
“Moules Fritte - my favourite”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Really good place for lunch, with good, simple food. Good atmosphere, good service, excellent moules.

Visited January 2013

Torquay, United Kingdom
“I love Zenas!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When this restaurant was run by Zena it was superb! The new management was always going to find it hard to live up to Zena's reputation, but I think that they have done very well. The food is excellent, the portions are generous and the prices are good. The atmosphere is nice, and the service is quick and friendly. I do not see what else that they can do! I think it is the best restaurant in Barnstaple. Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Progressing”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have eaten here as a local quite often. The restaurant appears to be under new management but with the same head waiter 'Stephan'. When Zena ran this establishment I would have recommended it without hesitation. My visit a month ago was 'OK' ; service was a little lax without Stephan on duty, however, today it was back to 150% service supplied by Stephan alone. This man is an excellent ambassador of the restaurant and fulfils his duties very well. The food however, did not match his personal service standards today. Saying that, I was not disappointed with my meal, it was just 'alright' and worth the money paid. Normally I would sing the chef's praises. The menu was limited at lunch time but all around me seemed happy. The tables are elegantly laid and the dining ambiance is better than average for a lunch. I was told a new fine-dining chef was due to be hired shortly.

• Visited January 2013
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“no cakes?”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

went for coffee with friends and they had stopped doing cakes to go with it. used to be lovely choice of cakes at one time so now we go elsewhere.

Visited July 2012
Meeth, Okehampton
“Lovely location in the heart of Barnstaple”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Zenas is in a fantastic location, the ambience of the dining area is cosy and relaxing. The staff were efficient, the prices were very reasonable and the wine was very good. My only quibbles were that the staff weren't particularly friendly (I wasn't asked if my food was nice and they barely spoke to me, despite me ordering two courses) and although the food was presented beautifully, I was left a little disappointed by the dishes available, more cafe come pub grub (gammon, egg & chips, rib eye steak, scampi & curry rather than restaurant/bistro,

• Visited November 2012