“You don't find many like this!”

New Inn Public House
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: You are closer than you think to wonderful home cooked food, great ales and fantastic company. Justin and Julia look forward to welcoming you to the friendliest of village free houses in rural Goodleigh, North Devon. We specialise in high quality home cooked pub fare, with traditional British favourites offered alongside exotic dishes from further afield. Relax in charming surroundings whilst sampling well kept ales that have had us listed in the Good Beer Guide for 3 years running. If you like trying something different our menu board is always changing to incorporate seasonal local meats, fish and vegetables. We can accommodate all needs, from a romantic table for two, family parties, or just about anything you had in mind.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“You don't find many like this!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and made sure that we made a visit to this pub. It may not look much from the outside but don't judge a book by its cover (the car park behind the pub is a bit tricky to get into, so beware if you have a large vehicle!). What a welcome we received from Julia, who was really friendly and boy is she passionate about her food - if you don't like the look of anything on the menu or have any special requirements (I don't eat meat and my mum can't eat onions) then she'll rustle you up something you do like. The food was first class and the meal was one of the highlights of our holiday. Justin made sure our glasses were always full throughout our meal. All in all, a lovely welcoming pub with a real village atmosphere, and the food did not disappoint. A real find and I am sure you won't be disappointed if you make the effort to travel a few miles outside of Barnstaple to sample its delights.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“did not live up to hype”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have to say how disappointed i was by my lunch here. having read the reviews i was expecting some pretty good cooking. What I found was over cooked vegetables, bland liver pate and a much raved about honeycomb ice cream in which the honeycomb was actually burnt. As pub food goes it was good but it was not the dining experience I was expecting.
Finally i found the waitress rather loud which might be seen by some as homely but it realyy was over the top.

3 Thank richard b
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing pub, made our holiday!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

On the last day of our trip around Cornwall and North Devon we discovered this amazing pub. I thought that pubs like this had died out. Justin and Julia were so welcoming and the whole pub had a freindly atmosphere. I was very pleased to see that there was a good selection of real ales available and thoroughly enjoyed the couple of pints I had.
Now to the really important bit, the food!! Wow... it was absolutley excellent. I went with Justin's recommendations of the Cypriot Aubergine starter and Rock Salmon main and it was delicious. Julia even noticed that I had left my sweetcorn and tomato from my salad and made the sauce for the Rock Salmon with red onion. Now that's what I call service.
My only regrets are that we only had one night in Barnstaple and we live over 100 miles away in Wiltshire so a return visit is unlikley.

Don't miss the opportunity to visit this wonderful pub.

1 Thank Richard W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must to visit ! Brill food brill atmosphere a must !”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Large range on the menu all cooked just to your liking, wide range of wines and beers, always a pleasure to eat there !

Basingstoke
“Wish I lived closer”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We recently spent a week in Devon and were lucky enough to eat at The New Inn twice. Justin and Julia made us feel really comfortable and the food was fabulous, it is so worth the short drive from Barnstaple. Cant wait to go back.