1,670 results
All reviews outdoor pool burger king kids club bowling alley changing rooms health club industrial estate leisure facilities no lift lovely hotel would stay again great facilities first class north devon brend hotels high standard function room
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2017

Reservation service excellent. Never a problem for Donna to make quite a number of alterations to the original booking.
Staff on arrival and during our stay were extremely competent and friendly and helpful.
The food at both breakfast and the evening meal was very well presented and cooked with plenty of choices. Anna the restaurant manager was extremely professional and made our mealtimes really enjoyable. Already booked for next year.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Management response:Responded September 17, 2017

Thank you for your review, I'm pleased to see that your golf group enjoyed your stay once again. I will pass on your thanks to Donna and Anna for their mentions. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

stayed at this hotel for a few days in August, the rooms were very good not unlike an American Motel with the layout, all rooms overlooking the outdoor pool plus an indoor pool if the weather is cooler. Food was excellent served by polite and very smart staff. Bus right outside the hotel, so no need to take the car to Barnstaple centre.

Room tip: ground floor rooms overlooking the pool excellent for people with slight disabilities.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments regarding our food and staff. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We stayed here last week, the hotel looks a little dated in parts but has everything you need for an enjoyable stay. The pools are brilliant, lovely and warm and the staff are wonderful. The only problem we had was at the back of the hotel is an industrial estate which had lorries reversing until very late, which disrupted our sleep. Not the hotels fault but did taint our stay slightly as we had a very long drive home the following day.

I would rate the hotel 4* as the restaurant was absolutely fabulous and the food of a very high standard. Nothing was too much trouble for Brake who was attentive and very helpful.

We will definitely be returning if we visit this part of Devon again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Management response:Responded September 14, 2017

Thank you for your review, We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would rate us 4*, i will pass on your kind comments to Blake and congratulate him on your behalf. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

I took my other half to North Devon where our family always has summer holidays, hoping we'd get great weather and a great hotel and we got both. The hotel had really good facilities with two heated pools, one indoor and one outdoor, and a fitness suite. The meals were excellent breakfasts, afternoon snacks and dinner. We had two lovely dinners in the hotel. The staff were polite, friendly and very helpful, which added to our stay. I can thoroughly recommend the hotel to one and all

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 14, 2017

Thank you for your review, We're delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, i hope the weather was kind to you, theres always our indoor pool if its bad outside. I will pass on your kind comments regarding our food and staff to our weekly head of department meeting. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed September 3, 2017

Happy, My son and I can swimming in a warm water in this pool. Also, your staff is very polite and clearly give me a map to find out the rent car company (just walk 10 mins). So, I will introduce my friend to this hotel for happy travelling:-)

Room tip: The room is very good, clearly and i had a good sleep in this soft bed. If i can watch football in TV, I will more happy :-)
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 14, 2017

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I will pass on your kind comments to our leisure team and we look forward to welcoming you and your friend soon