Stayed here on business. I got a single room for £99 - was a bit small for the price. Room was a little cold and i had to use the spare blanket - but it was mid winter before all the snow. The hotel is lovely and 'old' world delivered with a bit of class - oak staircase, deep red carpets, chandelier etc Hotel is in good decorative order, no worn carpets or peeling wallpaper like you sometimes see in these places. Bathroom was a little old - but the that is the style - but very clean and in good decorative order. Front of house service was very good.
What let the stay down was when I could not eat in the restaurant because I didn't have jacket and tie. The hotel does seem part retirement home, never seen so many retired couples in one bar and all jacketed and tied/dress and pearled up for the restaurant. Obviously they attract that crowd but my put off business travellers like me. Shame really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Imperial Hotel, Barnstaple, North Devon, is part of the prestigious Brend chain of West Country hotels. Overlooking the River Taw at the heart of the market town of Barnstaple, this exceptional four-star hotel combines old-style charm with the highest standards of comfort and service. Whether you're looking for a family holiday or a peaceful break, the Imperial is the place for superb service. The hotel is also a popular venue for conferences, banquets and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your The Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Barnstaple
- The Imperial Hotel Barnstaple, Devon