We are just back from a 3 day break and this is our third stay in the hotel. Two couples we recommended it to also think the place is excellent. The food is some of the best we have ever had in Britain and they try to use local produce. All the staff are well trained and helpful, during our stay an elderly lady had an accident and they bent over backwards to help her at 2am! Then to my joy they had one of the world's best beers in the bar, Worthington White Shield. On leaving a tip I made sure that the catering staff would share in any tips.
Many guests are elderly and I wouldn't want to take children there although they would be made welcome, the sister Park Hotel just along the road would be better for children.
Just one complaint and it's my own fault, the receptionist asked me to check the bill but we were in a hurry and on arriving home I see they have charged me for what should have been a complimentary bottle of house wine on our first night. My letter is on its way and I am sure they will refund me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant Imperial Hotel, Barnstaple, North Devon, is part of the prestigious Brend chain of West Country hotels. Overlooking the River Taw at the heart of the market town of Barnstaple, this exceptional four-star hotel combines old-style charm with the highest standards of comfort and service. Whether you're looking for a family holiday or a peaceful break, the Imperial is the place for superb service. The hotel is also a popular venue for conferences, banquets and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Imperial Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Hotel Barnstaple
- The Imperial Hotel Barnstaple, Devon