“Amazing!”

Ranked #19 of 144 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Modern twists on British and American comfort food classics, made with locally and responsibly sourced, fresh, seasonal produce. Barnstaple’s Custom House is a locally-owned restaurant specialising in classic British and American comfort food. We take pride in our mouthwatering menu, using only the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients in everything from our delicious burgers and steaks to fresh fish and Devon-grown salad and veg. What’s more, our amazing ‘Custom-ised’ menu, with a choice of toppings, sauces, sides, rubs and marinades, means that you can personalise your menu exactly how you want it. We specialise in burgers, and with over 1/2 a million different combos, you’re bound to find your perfect match – if your feeling extra hungry, try the Totem Burger Challenge where a place on the ‘Wall of Fame’ beckons if you can take the eat it all!Matt and the team are waiting to offer you a warm welcome, so come along and kick back at The Custom House, Barnstaple’s newest and most exciting eating experience.
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

There's no other way to describe this place other than amazing! The burgers are fantastic and such good value for money. I had to take mine apart to eat, it was that big!! The place itself is beautiful and creates such a lovely atmosphere..
The staff were really friendly and extremely helpful. 100% returning for a meal very soon!

There are newer reviews for Custom House

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We did have a good meal of burgers, nachos, steak and chips and 2 of us ordered their rice dish. Unfortunately, the two of us who ordered rice as main meals received a nachos meals in error. We were given the option of waiting approx. 15 mins. for our meal to be cooked (upon which the others in our party would have almost finished eating) or have the nachos free of charge. We decided to have the nachos and eat then - they were light and well cooked with good accompaniments. We were also given drinks on the house to make up for the error and the manager (possibly owner) came over and personally apologised. I still can't really see how two rice meals can be mistaken for nacho orders - but they did all they could to compensate.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been to the Custom house a few times now, and we will certainly be returning again. The food seems to get better each time! The atmosphere is relaxed & the staff are happy and attentive. My steak was one the best I've had in a long time! I haven't tried the build-a-burger as of yet, but it's on my list of things to do! Great value for money & highly recommended

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This restaurant is a fab place to go for a good wholesome meal and great atmosphere and the staff are so friendly. The food is so fresh and local which is very important . We eat at The Custom House as often as we can because there is something on the menu for everyone.Keep up the good work to Matt and your staff.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to Custom house with my boyfriend for dinner, it was packed and we didn't book but they gave us a table that wasn't reserved for an hour. (I'd definitely suggest booking beforehand as it gets very busy) We both had the 'Build your own burger' for £8.95, where you can choose your meat, bun, salad, cheese, topping and sauce. I had a beef burger in a burger bun with tomatoes, gherkins and iceberg lettuce, cheddar cheese, fried onions and tomato relish, with a side of sweet potato fries. It was absolutely delicious! Perfectly cooked burger, oozing with cheese and relish. The ice creams looked lovely as well, with a variety of yummy flavours: Bubble gum, Sticky toffee pudding, Strawberries and cream and Ferrero rocher. I didn't have one as I was stuffed but will definitely be returning very soon to try one! The staff were very friendly and attentive.

2  Thank clumsybaby