“Best Latte in North Devon”
Review of The Cream Tea Cafe

The Cream Tea Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Barnstaple
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Located just a scone's throw from the traditional pannier market in Barnstaple town centre, we at The Cream Tea Café are on a mission to provide you with the freshest food possible, and so to help us in this quest, we make the vast majority of our food from scratch here in our kitchen. We source other ingredients from local suppliers to bring you the very best Devon has to offer.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The two young owners of this cafe (Ian and Lucy) have so got it right when it comes to how to do things - they are enthusiastic, friendly, their cream teas are to die for and if you ask for a cup of tea, you get it in a china cup and the choice of a bag or leaf - just wonderful - as I work the Pannier Market next door on Antique & Collectable Wednesday, I was despairing of getting a decent latte to keep me going - Barnstaple does have the usual compliment of so called coffee shops - but once tasted, I was really happy - I am very, very fussy when it comes to coffee and Ian is a brilliant Barista - the place is spotlessly clean, warm, friendly and a complete and utter gem of a place in Barnstaple - I meet my new local friends and take our visitors there - long may it thrive and continue. I am only very sad that they will be closed for a much-needed holiday for the whole of January 2013 - roll on February.

1  Thank nnkennaugh
There are newer reviews for The Cream Tea Cafe

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This lovely cafe serves proper leaf tea and delicious homemade cakes. On a second visit the doorstep sandwich lived up to its top billing!!! This is a fantastic independent business with good friendly personal service. It deserves every success.

1  Thank JaneT0m
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent locally sourced or home made food. Warm friendly atmosphere with owners who greet you like friends. Often pop in for a coffee and chat and take away fresh scones. Great!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Such a lovely welcome when my & husband & I walked in made us feel very welcome.
Fantastic crab pate from a local supplier was delicious.

We are already planning a return to sample the highly recommended cream teas.
Thanks again- you deserve all your great feedback.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We found this place by accident for morning coffee. Very welcoming and friendly, great re-use of china and furniture. The coffee was good and scone delicious, butter at perfect temperature!
We went back at lunch time for Soup and a slab of lovely bread. Good value, highly recommended.

Nigel