“Lovely Quiet Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnstaple
Bulworthy Forest Lodges
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed in Acorn in November. It is the highest lodge, suitable for 2-4 people.
We requested the lodge that was most out of the way and whilst it had a neighbouring lodge about 30 yards away, because of the angle of them and the height difference it was private.
The lodge itself was very clean, spacious and well equipt with very good clean fridge, freezer, washing/tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave, hob and oven. The heating was easy to switch on and set the timer.
Acorn is marketed as having a whirlpool bath and to be honest I was alittle disappointed that it was a standard sized/shaped bath with built in water jets. I had hoped for a bigger bath (such as the corner ones) so we didn't use it, only the shower.
Once again, the bathroom was spotless and equipped with very a very modern suite.
It was such a lovely break for mu husband and I and I would highly recommend it, although check when you book which lodge you book as some of the others were much closer together, more of a holiay camp feel and I would not have enjoyed being in one of these, with very close neighbours!
I really can't fault the lodge or the surrounding woodland where they are located, the only moan I have (unfortunately) was that we appeared to have a squirrel nesting in the roof and for two of the three nights we had VERY disturbed sleep as it was directly above our heads scraping at the ceiling! Banging only seemed to deter it for a few minutes before it resume it's scratching! We are rural folk and I completely understand that we were in the middle of a forest and we enjoyed the sound of the pheasants and creaky trees but having constant scratching and scraping during the night was hard!!! I lefta note for the owners and I am sure they will do something about it and it wouldn't put me off going again!!
Plus it was only £150 for three nights which I think is excellent value for money

Room Tip: Check with Hoseasons when you book and ask them to look at their map and choose you a lodge set back...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank older_bird

Reviewed November 24, 2011

we stayed in the chesnut lodge in november. the cabin was great and the surroundings were beautiful.....very peaceful and relaxing break. will deffo be going again 5 out of 5 ;)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gary W
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed in 'oakapple' which was clean, spacious and well equipped. This lodge is set last but one on the steep hill, so it is exceptionally quiet, not overlooked and set in beautiful surroundings. My sons thoroughly enjoyed the fishing lakes and I enjoyed the hot tub which was a luxuary addition for our holiday this year. If you want a nice relaxing quiet chilled place to stay then this is excellent. The nearest town is Bideford which is only a few miles away and there is lots to do locally. This place is an amazing find and worth every penny.!!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank PipT0992
Reviewed August 21, 2011

had a great time at the bulworthy forest lodge,we styaed in the rosebay it was steep getting up the hill,the fishing is excellent a must so even if u r a novice take a rod.
Lodges are excellent and well equiped,even had an iroing board and a washing machine.Lodge was also central heated.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kaydan49
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Bulworthy lodges, well what can i say, great accomodation we stayed in the bluebell lodge, very spacious rooms a good size and clean. The resort can be a bit steep in places so I wouldnt suggest anyone with a walking disability to go walking around. The resort is surrounded by lush tree's and lakes. Our hottub was very secluded and was not overlooked. There is shops within a ten mins drive adn we visited a pub called hunter inn in the village of Newton Tracey. great wood and a lovely atmostphere. I would recommend anyone to come here to the lodges and would stay again as well. Bring some walking shoes so you can explore the surrounding areas as well it was a great weekend for all of us

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suant1901
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Along with my wife and 7 month old son we visited Bulworthy Forest Lodges for 4 nights at the end of March. We stayed in 'Otters Holt' which is the most basic lodge yet it was well equipped, spacious, clean, warm and generally perfect for the needs of our small family. The setting is on a wooded hillside with a number of lakes at the foot of the lodges, sadly I didn't get to do any fishing but watching others from our balcony I could see the fishing was very good indeed! The site is extremely peaceful and sits well in the forest surroundings, enabling you to fully relax and immerse yourself in your holiday. Having previously spent thousands on holidays in all corners of the globe I was pleasantly surprised to have my most relaxing holiday in a log cabin in the Devon countryside, I honestly cannot recommend it enough. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family