“Crackling not important?”

Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

When the waiter asked if everything was OK, instead of saying the usual "Fine thanks", I mentioned that the crackling on my belly pork was burnt, hard and inedible.
The waiters response was "Well if that's all that's wrong, we're doing alright then".
Not in my book I'm afraid!

There are newer reviews for Claytons and The Glasshouse

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Lovely meal, excellent service. The food was cooked to perfection, steak was the best I have eaten since going to a top London restaurant a few years ago. Tried the pigeon breast starter which was delicious and beautifully presented. Everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed and charming.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were really impressed when family took us here when we were visiting in Devon. Both the food and the serivce were excellent. I would definately recommend.

1  Thank Jessica H
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dropped in to Claytons on Friday evening. We had a table reserved in the corner of the bustling bar. Service was impeccable and the bar on Friday evening was buzzing.

Food was great (shared a burger and main sized Moules), both very generous sizes. Tipples included an excellent pint of Guinness and a lovely crisp New Zealand Sauvignon.

The owner Ryan dropped by to chat with us, which i always think is a nice touch and made us feel very welcome.

Nothing to fault the place really, it seems to living up to its reputation. Great job, we'll be back.

1  Thank ianski1980
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As a preferer of the 'old Claytons decor',I constructively criticised the bright new look. As the food is always great though, I came back with a mate.Lights weren't as bright...music was audible-all good! Had the gourmet burger....10/10!! Easily the best i've had. Worth every penny of £10 with the side salad and wedges...Yum! Will be back. Thanks.

2  Thank mose1