“Excellent Lunch”

62 The Bank & Bar 62
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Barnstaple
Cuisines: British, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated right in heart of Barnstaple is 62 The Bank, a bistro with a great atmosphere and fabulous food. 62 The Bank is a wonderful place to get together with friends to enjoy exceptional food and drink. No wonder it has gained a reputation as one of the best restaurants in north Devon. Our team of chefs are dedicated to creating a mouth watering menu featuring delicious dishes inspired by different cuisines from around the world. Take your pick from exciting recipes including seafood pancakes, steak fajitas, succulent ribs, local mussels, duck breast with blackberry jus, not to mention our famous char-grilled burgers and our new set menu.. Here at our Barnstaple restaurant, we use the finest seasonal produce from local top quality suppliers in the south west. And our tempting dishes are perfectly complemented by our selection of fine wines and our fantastic new range of 40 house cocktails. With its vibrant welcoming atmosphere, 62 The Bank is somewhere you and your friends will want to linger, even if you only pop in for a coffee, a snack or an early evening cocktail. The glorious ornate plasterwork ceiling will take your breath away. It dates back to 1620 and in more recent times this wonderful building was a high street bank. This historic building has now been lovingly restored and has become a real focal point for the social life of Barnstaple. Find out more about the story of this amazing building.
London
“Excellent Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Whilist visiting Barnstaple for the day stopped off for lunch. Found the staff to be friendly and efficent. Food was good and arrived quickly. Only negative would be the toilets which were quite dated.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Whites2088
BrendHotels, Manager at 62 The Bank & Bar 62, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thankyou for taking the time to write you review, you positive feedback and constructive criticism is, and always will be valued. We are pleased to hear that you found our service "friendly and efficient", it is always rewarding to hear such comments. With regards to our toilets, our Gentlemen's facilities have been refurbished in February of this year, with our Ladies facilities due for refurbishment later this year. We hope to see you again in the future!.

Kind Regards
The Manager
62 the Bank

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Took my 11 year old daughter and her friend. They wanted to sit on their own, with adults at a separate table. Their waitress was excellent, chatting to them and making them feel grown up. We all enjoyed our meals.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank busnae
Thankyou for taking the time to write your review, it's great to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your lunch with us, and it is always rewarding to hear such positive feedback for our team.
We hope to see you all again soon!!

Kind Regards
The Manager
62 The Bank
“miss a Hopkins”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Very dissatisfied with our lunch today 3 out of 4 of us thought our chips were cold, the chicken tasted like it had been cooked on the same dish as fish previous it was all poor quality no tomato on one garnish , four of us will never go back to the bank barnstaple

1 Thank Bowdakins
BrendHotels, Manager at 62 The Bank & Bar 62, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, your feedback is very impotant to us.
We are very sorry to hear that yourself and your party were dissatisfied with your lunch.
It is unfortunate that your unsatisfactory meals were not brought to our attention at the time, had we been made aware of this, then we would have immediatly offered you a replacement or alternative meal.
We would appreciate the opportunity to repair the damaged impression that you have of our restaurant, so should you ever wish to return in the future then be sure to make us aware of your experience when booking.

Thankyou once again for taking the time to write to your review, we hope that we see you agin in the future.

Best Wishes

Ware, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ate here twice as the menu is so good and the quality of the food was superb. Staff efficient and friendly. Will always eat here when we come to Barnstaple.

Visited May 2014
Thankyou for taking the time to review our restaurant, your feedback really is valued, and very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Wishes
Bristol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I did love 62 The Bank”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have to start by saying I have always loved 62 The Bank, I have been going there for over 10 years and have never had a bad meal or problem there until last night. We went to The Bank for a meal and drinks at 7pm. The first round of drinks arrived promptly and waited a reasonable time for the food which was scrummy, the food cannot be faulted at all!! I ordered a cocktail when the food arrived which took ages to get to me, when it arrived it didn't taste how it should have so I asked for it to me re-made as they had put so much midori in you couldn't taste anything else. This cocktail took a good 15 minutes to arrive but was perfect!! After finishing our meal, we were given the dessert menu and were given a good break between the meal and ordering the dessert, with this we ordered another round of drinks and I specifically asked for my drink to be made exactly the same as the last one. Our desserts came out before the drinks, the server came over at one point to reassure us that our drinks were being made, just a back log of drink orders. So when my cocktail finally arrived after finishing our desserts I could see it had been made wrong (different colour), I told the server straight away before she put it on the table but all she did was tell me the midori was rising to the top and walked away. I was not happy! This happened at 8.45pm, by 9.20pm our dessert dishes were still on the table and my cocktail was still left where the server left it. One of the waiters finally came over (It was obvious they didn't want to come over) so I said to him about the cocktail and why I hadn't drunk it and would like it taken off the bill, he apologised and went off to get the bill. In the end I had to ask for the bill 3 times and finally managed to pay it after 40 mins of waiting. The server gave us 10% off to apologise for the cocktail but to me I want to pay full price for an awesome evening with awesome service so needless to say I was not impressed. The restaurant was full and I appreciate that everyone was busy but to be ignored regarding the cocktail issue, not being offered another drink or tea/coffee and having to ask for the bill 3 times I would not expect that sort of poor service in The Bank.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lisa H
BrendHotels, Manager at 62 The Bank & Bar 62, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
We would like to thank you for your very loyal custom over the past 10 years, it has been valued and always will be very much appreciated. We are very sorry to hear that your experience on saturday did not meet the high standard that you have come to expect our restaurant.
We do not expect our staff members to ignore any issue a customer raises no matter how small, and we would like to offer you our apologies, and assure you that this staff member will be addressed regarding this issue.
Our Cocktail The "PDQ" has now had its receipe revised, and the amount of midori adjusted,
and we would love you to come back and approve our new receipe for us!

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review, and help us improve our service.
We hope to see you again in the future.