“Detoxtastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barnstaple
Yeotown Health Retreat
Marbella, Spain
“Detoxtastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Yeotown Retreat is set in the winding river valley of the River Yo. It is surrounded on many hills by mature pine forests contrasted by meadowland and pasture, However, it is the river, flowing through the retreat's private land and, reachable in a 3 min walk, which defines the whole location. An ancient packhorse bridge still straddles the river and beside it there is a fire-pit which was occasionally lit in the evenings to allow later relaxation to the sound of its murmuring waters. The river is not the only water either. Every day we left the intimate river valley to enjoy well-paced hiking, sometimes cycling or kayaking, on the coastal paths found in the North Devon Area Of Natural Beauty and UNESCO Biosphere. The sea was never far away... How could you fail to be cleansed with all that water!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Macklin T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I highly recommend the 5 day Yeotox, it was a wonderful all-round experience. Gorgeous setting, lovely rooms, delicious super healthy food, great hikes in with beautiful scenery, super relaxing vinyasa flow yoga with Mercedes, nutrition advice, massage, sauna and very pleasant company... and the results were amazing. I was really pleased and came home recharged and super inspired. I hope to return for another detox holiday next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank georgia m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went to Simon and Mercedes' Yeotown retreat in mid January this year. It was such an incredible place. I felt so nurtured the moment I was greeted after a long drive - fires burning and a delicious juice. My room was stunning and lovely and warm. The food - oh the food - it was simply perfectly nutritious and delicious and detoxing - thanks to their wonderful chef Julia. I never got hungry and I left feeling so inspired to keep up the good habits. The hiking was wonderful and wild on the coast of North Devon with stunning views. The yoga was relaxing and grounding - a lovely flow Vinyasa yoga - and it was proper yoga. There were numerous other treats in store - which I dont want to spoil by giving them away now!!! This place should be top of your "Go stay" list.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lucy O
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We visited Yeotown for a 5 day detox and yoga retreat mid January 2013. This was my first ever detox, and I hadn't done much yoga before, so I was a little unsure about what to expect...

I had an INCREDIBLE experience. The farmhouse was stunning, food incredible, North Devon surroundings mind-blowing and all of the activities (yoga, hiking, exercise classes, massage and other surprises I don't want to ruin) led by first rate experts in their field.

Each day fell into two halves - exercise and then restoration. We exercised quite intensively in the morning and afternoon, then underwent restorative stretching and massage to allow recovery for the next day.

Over the 5 days I discovered the value of Yoga for making the body feel good, made some life changing discoveries about what my body needs in terms of food and nutrition, and lost 3 kilos (a welcome bonus!). I left feeling absolutely refreshed and motivated to make positive changes to my health and well-being.

I couldn't recommend this experience any more highly.

Thank you to Mercedes, Simon, Julia, Davey, Molly and the rest of the team at Yeotown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelbag_Bond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Signing up for a 5 day Yeotox was the best thing I could have done to start 2013...I didn't know what to expect, I wanted a kickstart to being healthier but it was so much more than that. A beautiful location, stylish and comfortable rooms and the most incredible staff. Simon and Mercedes made everyone feel so welcome, the whole programme is very personal and their team are friendly and knowledgable. The detox was challenging but the sense of achievement from the hikes is amazing, Davey was a fantastic guide and Simon joined us on most of the hikes too. Mercedes is such an inspirational yoga teacher, classes were tailored to all levels so everyone could enjoy and benefit from the sessions. You don't know what's coming next each day which made me nervous but it was refreshing and there were some lovely surprises in the programme (including some of the best sports massages I've ever had!), it was always interesting and a lot of fun. Before going I was worried about the food but Julia's cooking was absolutely delicious, even my husband enjoyed the vegetarian menu which really shows how tasty it was! At the end of the 5 days we felt truly revitalised, stronger and lighter after both losing a few pounds and centimetres! You leave with advice on how to continue being healthy, they even gave us a lovely healthy snack for our journey - everything is so thoughtful and so well done, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mysteriousblond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Yeotown combines serious style with serious yoga. Not to mention charm and warmth. Mercedes and Simona are wonderful and welcoming hosts. This was a last minute booking, done blind; I confess I had no idea what to expect. Having been spoiled by previous overseas yoga retreats in balmy climes, an English new year yoga retreat in rainy Devon felt like a risk. And I wondered what benefit might come of just four short days there. I need not have worried. I'm coming back. This is a great and reinvigorating mini-break for singles and couples alike. The days were nicely paced; yoga morning and afternoon, plenty of time in between to eat, hike, read, sleep, chat around the cosy living room fire. The wine tasting on day two added a fun twist. Though probably surpassed by Simon's fine wine offerings on new year's eve! What else? Did I mention the food? The food is abundant and superb, all freshly prepared by Julia in Yeotown's homely kitchen-dining room. Don't expect to come back any lighter. You won't. But you will come back feeling a whole lot more healthy, refreshed and resolved. Just one thing: next time around, please, an extra day would be perfect!

Room Tip: If you have the chance, I would recommend trying to get a room in the main house, though all are goo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Sophie G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went on a 4 days yeotox retreat as a couple. This is not our first active detox retreat but undoubtedly the best. The rooms are quaint and very comfortable : we had our own cottage with a great bathroom and excellent bed . Meals are prepared in front of guests and served in the main house which is a tastefully renovated farm. The place is absolutely charming in every detail . Food was all organic and also delicious . The whole atmosphere is very warm personal and welcoming . The number of guests per stay is under 10 and we felt really cared for by every member of the staff . The energy and the vibe is very positive and active . Activities are plentiful but varied and never overwhelming . They included hikes in exceptionally beautiful sceneries by the sea , cliffs and in the english countryside . Yoga classes were of high quality : suitable for experienced practitioners and had options for all levels including beginners. Other activities included gym, bike riding , massages and nutritional advise. After 4 days we felt invigorated relaxed and in great shape. We can only recommend this unique retreat and would love to come back .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple